• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma vs Bronco

StormRnr

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
We had this Bronco that ARB has outfitted with a bunch of they gear for a video we're shooting for 4Wheel Parts. I took it out for the day to shoot some extra footage and make a video for my channel as well.

281002E8-E55A-4281-8BEC-2142DC9D8A1A.jpeg

Here are two obstacles we came across that illustrate that 35 inch tires aren't a panacea. The Bronco has less clearance Than my Tacoma and so the approach and departure angles are comparable and rock clearance is actually better on my Tacoma with 33 inch tires.

Full video is a couple weeks out, but here's some preview footage of the Tacoma vs Bronco.

-M

Mike (@StormRnr), Where was this? Nice demonstration of real world obstacles.

Nice shots and rigs. To be honest, I've not been impressed by the rebooted Bronco, stock or not. Am I the only one? I mean, they look good but I've read some have issues, like the Sport's drivetrain overheating.

Nice shots and rigs. To be honest, I've not been impressed by the rebooted Bronco, stock or not. Am I the only one? I mean, they look good but I've read some have issues, like the Sport's drivetrain overheating.
I think the main advantage they have over other IFS trucks is the ability to run 35s or 37s without body mods.

That said, they put the wrong wheels on this one and it rubbed the sway bar really bad. But you can't do that on a Tacoma at all.

Driving is great. IT's got tons of power and is always in the right gear.

-M

Back