• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma slider steps

ToyBliss

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
Tacoma slider steps

I want to keep this 2021 TRD OffRoad "mostly-stock" but my 4'11" wife has difficulty getting in and out and now I'm thinking about steps. I don't expect to be in a position to need sliders but it could be a real possibility in the future. (Of course, if I need them ONCE, they are worth it.)

Here my thoughts on what I think I want:

A wide enough platform to have a confident step for "the girl" but not so wide that it's in my way when I don't use the step.

No rubber to get slippery when wet.

Some way for the ice and snow to be easily shed from the platform to get a no-slip feel after snowy or icy weather but no gnarly teeth or huge drain holes either so our special-needs dog can use it, too.

No way for a foot to slip under the body to get hurt.

I CAN'T HARDLY FIND A SITE WITH GOOD PICS of them installed on the vehicle and with the step tread.

Since shipping is soo expensive, how about some made somewhere in Arizona? Flagstaff? Or maybe Albuquerque? MANY of these fabricators' websites say nothing initially about where they are located!

I understand that installation can be difficult, especially if quality control is not quite up to snuff, but I'm NOT drilling holes in or welding to my frame.

How about all that?! Thoughts, anyone?

That Victory 4x4 will best meet you criteria as it protrudes the furthest allowing it to function as a step more so than most.

I have thier Blitz and it functions more of a slider/rocker protection, smaller foot hold area like others, but uses same bolt on mounting and was a quality fit and finish. Has an option to drill one additional hole, suggested if you plan to drop hard on them.

They also apply a 2 stage Powdercoat that does an outstanding job of combating any rust issues and a big part of why I favor thier products.

I put these Cali Raised Step/Sliders on my Taco and they do the trick. I opted for the kickout and the cover plate, and a zero degree angle; but you can combo the hell out of the setup you want. Not much slippage in the snow or rain and my 5'-2" better half and kids can get in the truck easily...

The kick- out is worth getting and a cover plate..
Never get the rhino lining or bed liner spray….get the power coating….
I order the rhino lining for paint….it stains with dirt/ mud, hard to clean, and it did chip..from off roading…

Impossible to keep clean…every few weeks I just spray rustoleum paint…black…

Never get any rhino type coatings….NEVER

I live on a coffee farm, rains a lot, dirt roads…muddy when it rains..impossible to clean!
Aloha

Back