• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

tacocamper's PNW Tacoma Build

What should i do next?

• CBI rear bumper w/swingout

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Nitro re-gear

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • CBI T3 front bumper

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nothing, looks fine!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Next mod is to install the transfer case, transmission and fuel tank aluminum ski plates, still debating on painting these or leaving them as is. I will be doing a couple more layers of paint and then install by sliders on Thursday. Things are coming together and I have schedule the pickup of my GFC camper in mid April. Took a week off to explore Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.

Few pics of the RCI skids in boxes that will be installed tomorrow, decided to not paint them and keep it straight aluminum
6B60B02B-EED9-455F-89F2-690ED0BA8614.jpeg

And thanks to @robdaman I got a cabin air filter ordered, will do a side by side comparison when it comes in to show how dirty it is.

Last edited:
This thing is sweet, best cold weather blanket you can buy. Started planning the trip to Montana to pickup the GFC and the girlfriend is terrified of the cold so this is a nice addition to a good sleeping bag. Currently have a week set aside to explore Montana (Yellowstone, Grand Teton's), Idaho and east Oregon.

1551550985300.png

Scheduled my pickup of my GFC camper, super stoked about this and can't wait to get it installed in a few weeks. This has been a very long wait of 260 days since I purchased this back in July 2018. We will be making the trek out to Montana and travel through Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Boise and through out eastern Oregon.

gfc complete.JPG

Decided on a quick one night with the girl and dogs, first time in many years just through up a ground tent and sleeping in it. Ended up getting stuck solo and had to call for back up. Tried using the winch but ended up pulling up a couple trees.
stuck.JPG

work.JPG

camp.JPG

sky.JPG

after.JPG

result.JPG

Back