• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

@tacoboutawin -should've just bought an OR- build.

alecwin

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
Whats up 3G.
Now that it has been one year and 15k miles later, I have come to the conclusion that I would have just saved a few bucks if I went with an OR over a Pro now that I have replaced just about everything except for the wheels.
You live and learn, and at least I still have my sunroof! :LOL:

The Wife and I try to off-road and/or camp at least twice a month. Mainly here in Southern California but have been as far as Park City/Heber UT.

With all that being said, here is the build that has burned a hole into my pocket. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.
If you like, you can always follow us on IG! @tacoboutawin

parts & gear include...

Performance, Wheels, & Suspension

-King 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers w/ Reso front & rear
-Tacoma TRD Pro wheels (stock)
-285/75/16 BFG KO2
-OVTune 2.0 w/ Performance Tune
-King 2.5 Extended Travel Coils w/ Reso front & rear
-Icon RXT Leaf Kit w/ AAL
-Total Chaos UCA
-5.29 Nitro Re-gear

Lighting & Electronics
-2x 10” Baja Designs S8 (amber)
-1x 30” RIGID Industries Radiance (blue day running & white regular)
-RIGID INDUSTRIES TRD Pro Fog lights
-Auxito H9 & H11 (High & Lows) 6500k
-SDHQ Dual In-Grille light bar mount
-Switch Pros 9100 8 switch system
-MESO Ultimate Turn Signals
-WeBoost Drive 4G-X OTR

Exterior
-CBI Sliders - with kickout - no top plate
-RCI Bed Rack - mid height
-TRD Pro skid plate (stock)
-Prinsu Designs roof rack
-Cali Raised Molle Panel (bed side passenger)
-RCI Hi-Lift Jack track mount
-Mountain Hatch tailgate insert
-AVS low profile window deflectors
-Spiker Engineering hood struts

Camping & Recovery Gear
-iKamper Mini Roof Top Tent (M90 Artic Camo Wrap)
-ROAM Adventure 95L (for roof rack & camping gear)
-ROAM Adventure 160L (mounted in bed for recovery gear)
-VRIAR 400P portable air compressor kit
-Krazy Beaver shovel
-Husky 4lb axe
-Hi-Lift Jack
-ROTOPAX 2 gallon backup can
-ARB Digital EZ Deflator
-BaoFeng UV82hp HAM handheld radio
-Recovery strap

Future Plans
-AB6 Headlights (Ordered/Coming Soon)
-Lil B’s Hybrid Front Bumper
-Volk Racing TE37XT 17x8.5
City of Angels 3 Final.jpg
City of Angels 1 Final.jpg
City of Angels 4 Final.jpg
Cleghorn 2 Final.jpg
Cleghorn 4 Final.jpg
Big Bear_Joshua Tree 8 Final.jpg
Bass Pro 1 Final.JPEG
0EA8CE1A-F809-49EB-91C1-7B5EC94D95E1.JPEG
Haven Shot 1 Final.JPEG

Last edited:
Whats up 3G.
Now that it has been one year and 15k miles later, I have come to the conclusion that I would have just saved a few bucks if I went with an OR over a Pro now that I have replaced just about everything except for the wheels.
You live and learn, and at least I still have my sunroof! :LOL:

The Wife and I try to off-road and/or camp at least twice a month. Mainly here in Southern California but have been as far as Park City/Heber UT.

With all that being said, here is the build that has burned a hole into my pocket. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.
If you like, you can always follow us on IG! @tacoboutawin

parts & gear include...

Performance, Wheels, & Suspension

-King 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers w/ Reso front & rear
-Tacoma TRD Pro wheels (stock)
-285/75/16 BFG KO2
-OVTune 2.0 w/ Performance Tune
-King 2.5 Extended Travel Coils w/ Reso front & rear
-Icon RXT Leaf Kit w/ AAL
-Total Chaos UCA
-5.29 Nitro Re-gear

Lighting & Electronics
-2x 10” Baja Designs S8 (amber)
-1x 30” RIGID Industries Radiance (blue day running & white regular)
-RIGID INDUSTRIES TRD Pro Fog lights
-Auxito H9 & H11 (High & Lows) 6500k
-SDHQ Dual In-Grille light bar mount
-Switch Pros 9100 8 switch system
-MESO Ultimate Turn Signals
-AB6 Headlights (Coming Soon)
-WeBoost Drive 4G-X OTR

Exterior
-CBI Sliders - with kickout - no top plate
-RCI Bed Rack - mid height
-TRD Pro skid plate (stock)
-Prinsu Designs roof rack
-Cali Raised Molle Panel (bed side passenger)
-RCI Hi-Lift Jack track mount
-Mountain Hatch tailgate insert
-AVS low profile window deflectors
-Spiker Engineering hood struts

Camping & Recovery Gear
-iKamper Mini Roof Top Tent (M90 Artic Camo Wrap)
-ROAM Adventure 95L (for roof rack & camping gear)
-ROAM Adventure 160L (mounted in bed for recovery gear)
-VRIAR 400P portable air compressor kit
-Krazy Beaver shovel
-Husky 4lb axe
-Hi-Lift Jack
-ROTOPAX 2 gallon backup can
-ARB Digital EZ Deflator
-BaoFeng UV82hp HAM handheld radio
-Recovery strap
City of Angels 3 Final.jpg
City of Angels 1 Final.jpg
City of Angels 4 Final.jpg
Cleghorn 2 Final.jpg
Cleghorn 4 Final.jpg
Big Bear_Joshua Tree 8 Final.jpg
Bass Pro 1 Final.JPEG
0EA8CE1A-F809-49EB-91C1-7B5EC94D95E1.JPEG
Haven Shot 1 Final.JPEG
Thats a killer ikamp camo color, looks great with the white 👌 sick rig !

Dude yessssss! Sick truck and pictures man. That camper looks awesome!

DOPE.

Here’s my thought process on the Pro: If you wanted all the bells and whistles, by the time you fully load an OR, you’re only $500 off MSRP for a Pro - which comes standard with everything. That $500 you saved gets eaten up real quick after spending it on a fake Pro grille, and the cliche TRD OR door badges. And you’re still going to be scouring the forums for the next decade trying to find a hood swap just to get a scoop. Additionally, The OEM Fox suspension actually has resale value which can hardly be said about the OEM OR suspension.

So in theory, you will definitely save heartache and time, but you also might also save money going with the Pro. That is of course assuming financing is the same.

DOPE.

Here’s my thought process on the Pro: If you wanted all the bells and whistles, by the time you fully load an OR, you’re only $500 off MSRP for a Pro - which comes standard with everything. That $500 you saved gets eaten up real quick after spending it on a fake Pro grille, and the cliche TRD OR door badges. And you’re still going to be scouring the forums for the next decade trying to find a hood swap just to get a scoop. Additionally, The OEM Fox suspension actually has resale value which can hardly be said about the OEM OR suspension.

So in theory, you will definitely save heartache and time, but you also might also save money going with the Pro. That is of course assuming financing is the same.

You’re completely right with all of that. I might have saved a few dollars with the OR, but I was also able to recoup a lot of my money by reselling some of my stock parts so that worked out nicely. The pro also gave me everything I needed and looked nice until I decided to upgraded. In the end, I’m extremely happy with my truck. However, I would love a supercharger! 😂

Thank you as well for the compliment!

Killer truck!!!

How do you like the 5.29's? I'm trying to decide between 4.88's and 5.29's. I'll be running 33" tires so I can get away with 4.88's but if I upgrade to heavier bumpers I'll probably wish I had 5.29's. Having said this I'd like to just do 5.29's but a little concerned about top end (for freeway use) and higher revs at top end. What has your experience been?

Anyone else care to chime in?

@alecwin Awesome truck. I'm starting with a super white OR and will probably have way too much into it when all said and done. Just have to get through a kitchen and basement remodel... Those pro wheels are growing on me and I love those behind-the-grille lights.

Killer truck!!!

How do you like the 5.29's? I'm trying to decide between 4.88's and 5.29's. I'll be running 33" tires so I can get away with 4.88's but if I upgrade to heavier bumpers I'll probably wish I had 5.29's. Having said this I'd like to just do 5.29's but a little concerned about top end (for freeway use) and higher revs at top end. What has your experience been?

Anyone else care to chime in?

Here are some recent threads about regearing:

Awesome build man! I love the iKamper wrap! did you do it yourself or send it off to someone?

@alecwin Awesome truck. I'm starting with a super white OR and will probably have way too much into it when all said and done. Just have to get through a kitchen and basement remodel... Those pro wheels are growing on me and I love those behind-the-grille lights.

Here are some recent threads about regearing:
Excellent. Thanks.

Great looking truck!! On the bright side no one can say their Pro looks the same as yours. 🤷‍♂️😂😁

Sweet looking pro, I’ll have to live vicariously through your white TRD Pro! I definitely want to get the iKamper mini too.

Back