T3G members, I need your opinion on the biggest potential change to T3G thus far

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

inSight deLight

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#2,353
I’m may not be the most “active” when it comes to writing in the forums, but I am active in reading just about everything that is posted in them. At first I was hesitant about the change since I really don’t like the vibe some of the other sites have. It has turned into a community of “elitist” and keyboard warriors, which is very unwelcoming.
That being said, I am all for the expansion because the leadership here is much different than other sites and I trust you all will not allow it to get out of hand. Like so many others coming here is a breath of fresh air and hopefully with the changes you all are looking to do, and the team behind it, the community will continue to grow (hopefully bringing some added income of financial gain for all those who put in an effort here as well). As an old dead Greek guy once said “Change is the only constant in life.” Bring on the change!
Ditto

Jay

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
I think this is genius. I think that not only can the 3rd gen guys offer help and ideas to the other models but I think that others can offer good insight to the 3rd gen community

Marvin Lazaro

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Marvin
T3G Member
#2,258
I think the expansion is a good idea because it opens up the 4x4 community. It also benefits people locally and be able to access those that has had local trail experience to share and mentor those that are just starting out to venture trails. Good direction overall.

Tyler

T3G Level: Legendary
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
I think the expansion is a good idea because it opens up the 4x4 community. It also benefits people locally and be able to access those that has had local trail experience to share and mentor those that are just starting out to venture trails. Good direction overall.
Thank you for the positive feedback.

Just to clarify, my original of idea for expanding has transitioned throughout this thread as a result of everyone’s feedback.

Now, if I did expand, it would be in the form of a sister website that looks exactly like this one, but open to all Toyota 4x4 models.

This is something I still want to do, but I remain hesitant to start. The two things I am afraid of are:

1) I don’t want to spread the community too thin. Which one of the forums are 3rd gen Tacoma owners expected to be on? Probably this one, so why would a T3G owner join the general Toyota forum?

2) I don’t want to spread myself too thin either. I do have a lot of time to put into this, but even on 12 hours a day, managing a second forum takes away time from this one, and I wouldn’t want this one (or either) to seem neglected as a result.

Top Bottom