• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived What is that jargon near your username, you ask? Here's what those ranks mean.

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
What is that military jargon near your username, you ask?

It's our fun little forum ranking system. The ranks are based on the amount of "likes" received your account has (think: upvotes). Every time another member hits the 'Like' button on your post, you gain a point. When you hit a new threshold, you level up in rank.

Do these ranks actually do anything? Nope, they're just here for extra flavor.

The structure works like this:
  • I • Recruit
    • 0 total upvotes on your account
  • II • Private
    • 1 total upvotes on your account
  • III • Private First Class
    • 50 total upvotes on your account
  • IV • Lance Corporal
    • 100 total upvotes on your account
  • V • Corporal
    • 250 total upvotes on your account
  • VI • Sergeant
    • 500 total upvotes on your account
  • VII • Staff Sergeant
    • 1,000 total upvotes on your account
  • VIII • Gunnery Sergeant
    • 2,500 total upvotes on your account
  • IX • Master Sergeant
    • 5,000 total upvotes on your account
  • X • Sergeant Major
    • 10,000 total upvotes on your account

-----

Fun fact... For the first couple of years the forum was online, we had different verbiage that no longer exists:

0 - Lurker
1 - Bronze
50 - Silver
100 - Gold
250 - Platinum
500 - Diamond
1,000 - Onyx
2,500 - Grandmaster
5,000 - Legendary
10,000 - Mythical

Last edited:
I want that T3G level: Secret!
Can only those in the secret level see what it is? So for a lurker it would just say Secret, but those of us in it could see what it actually was?!?!

I want that T3G level: Secret!
Can only those in the secret level see what it is? So for a lurker it would just say Secret, but those of us in it could see what it actually was?!?!
Actually, no. Once someone gets there everyone will see it and it won’t be secret anymore.

I was unsure about stealing your custom titles. Maybe when you hit the last rank you can have a custom one?

If "ChadsPride" from TacomaWorld was over here, everyone would be Onyx by now.
I like this idea! Obviously 10,000+ would be Mall Crawler...;)
I have 11,723 likes on TacomaWorld, and a "like button" didn't even exist for half of the time I was most active over there.
anonymous.gif

If "ChadsPride" from TacomaWorld was over here, everyone would be Onyx by now.

I have 11,723 likes on TacomaWorld, and a "like button" didn't even exist for half of the time I was most active over there.
anonymous.gif
Tell him to cum over here I need to level up.

I decided to add a small little feature to add some flavor to the site and hopefully promote quality content.

There will be a rank under your name/avatar that changes according to how many “likes” you have. This is how it works:

0 - Lurker
1 - Bronze
50 - Silver
100 - Gold
250 - Platinum
500 - Diamond
1,000 - Onyx
2,500 - Grand Master
5,000 - (secret!)
10,000 - (secret!)

I personally don’t think the names are very creative, so if you guys have cooler ideas post them up. Or if the majority thinks that system is stupid let me know and I’ll get rid of it.
@Flinky

I just leveled up from Onyx to Grand Master but I'm still not sure how I feel about it being called Grand Master. I really want to think of something cooler, cause I actually love the sound of Onyx, but I can't really think of anything.

Keep it element style

Adamantium.

Top one should be Unobtainium

I just leveled up from Onyx to Grand Master but I'm still not sure how I feel about it being called Grand Master. I really want to think of something cooler, cause I actually love the sound of Onyx, but I can't really think of anything.

Don't know how serious people want to be about these titles but there's always some fun ones. Or geeky ones lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back