• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived What is that jargon near your username, you ask? Here's what those ranks mean.

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MGM Aquaponic Tank, here is the ranking system. It is measured by how many "likes" (reactions) you have. A higher number might mean that the users posts a lot of well written content.

I'm actually trying to figure out a way to change the ranks into little star symbols in the colors that the text currently says (bronze, silver, etc.).

Whoa, I just got upgraded to the first "hidden" rank, Legendary. That took a long time, which is good.

I still want to improve these ranks. I want them to be little colored stars or something, but it's a little tricky to do.

That is a cool idea but hard to actually execute, lol.

I accept your challenge.

0 - Taco Shell. Soft.
1 - Taco Shell. Hard.
50 - Hospital Cafeteria Taco
100 - Taco from FDA "C" rated taco stand
250 - Taco Tuesday on a Wednesday
500 - Dumpster-Diver Taco
1,000 - Ecoli Taco
2,500 - Street Taco... in Haiti
5,000 - Del Taco drive-thru, drunk at 2 a.m.
10,000 - Statutory Taco Rapist

I accept your challenge.

0 - Taco Shell. Soft.
1 - Taco Shell. Hard.
50 - Hospital Cafeteria Taco
100 - Taco from FDA "C" rated taco stand
250 - Taco Tuesday on a Wednesday
500 - Dumpster-Diver Taco
1,000 - Ecoli Taco
2,500 - Street Taco... in Haiti
5,000 - Del Taco drive-thru, drunk at 2 a.m.
10,000 - Statutory Taco Rapist
Lol, I appreciate your creativity.

Just noticed that I just leveled up to Grandmaster or as @nickyreno put it "Street Taco... in Haiti." Woohoo!!! 🍾🏆🏎️🏁

Small hint to everyone: A “like” is one point, a “love” is 5 points. ;)

I did not know there were different ranks to the like vs love. I try to use the different styles where applicable. Definitely personalizes/humanizes/bring some emotion the site a lot.

I did not know there were different ranks to the like vs love. I try to use the different styles where applicable. Definitely personalizes/humanizes/bring some emotion the site a lot.
I believe I set the laughing one to 2 and the angry one might be set to 0, lol. It’s a fun little pointless system.

I decided to add a small little feature to add some flavor to the site and hopefully promote quality content.

There will be a rank under your name/avatar that changes according to how many “likes” you have. This is how it works:

0 - Lurker
1 - Bronze
50 - Silver
100 - Gold
250 - Platinum
500 - Diamond
1,000 - Onyx
2,500 - Grandmaster
5,000 - (secret!)
10,000 - (secret!)

I personally don’t think the names are very creative, so if you guys have cooler ideas post them up. Or if the majority thinks that system is stupid let me know and I’ll get rid of it.

Are these accurate anymore bc i'm listed as a Diamond and I've only got 444 posts

Nevermind. I'm stupid.

Are these accurate anymore bc i'm listed as a Diamond and I've only got 444 posts
They are, it goes by likes instead of posts. By doing it that way I figured it means more since you can't control how much people like your content, lol.

0uTkAsT and mh.meier (Pelfrybilt) are still pretty high on those lists and they both haven't logged in in ages.

Wow now I’m a GOLD. What’s after Gold? Lol I got dark gold ray10 wheels Now I’m feeling lucky 🍀
0 - Lurker
1 - Bronze
50 - Silver
100 - Gold
250 - Platinum
500 - Diamond
1,000 - Onyx
2,500 - Grandmaster
5,000 - Legendary
10,000 - Mythical

Btw, don’t ask me where onyx randomly came in. It just sounded cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back