• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Switch pro install

Oh yeah, I know. I have an issue with not buying cheap stuff :cautious: I normally go by the motto by once, cry once. I wish I would have gone with the BP-51’s but live and learn. Guess I just have to spend more.
I like you!! Ha ha but you're right. The cheap route usually ends up being the more expensive route if you truly use your truck. I did my suspension in stages but the build to get it to where it is today took about a year and a half of consistently adding adding adding. I need to do bumpers at some point but I am very very happy with the truck. Wouldn't change anything. Nevertheless, it's a process but the journey is a fun one

I like you!! Ha ha but you're right. The cheap route usually ends up being the more expensive route if you truly use your truck. I did my suspension in stages but the build to get it to where it is today took about a year and a half of consistently adding adding adding. I need to do bumpers at some point but I am very very happy with the truck. Wouldn't change anything. Nevertheless, it's a process but the journey is a fun one

Yeah there is just so much fun stuff. I am making a little direction change and now I am prepping for a better camp setup. Just ordered a @Pelfreybilt battery tray for the group 31, ARB fridge and 100w solar panel and I already have a Goal zero Yeti lithium 400.

Yeah there is just so much fun stuff. I am making a little direction change and now I am prepping for a better camp setup. Just ordered a @Pelfreybilt battery tray for the group 31, ARB fridge and 100w solar panel and I already have a Goal zero Yeti lithium 400.
You will not be disappointed. I have the @Pelfreybilt battery cage and love it. If I might suggest, the X2 Power Group31 AGM is a great value and comes with a 5 year warranty. I too am planning on running an ARB Elements Fridge in the near future as well

You will not be disappointed. I have the @Pelfreybilt battery cage and love it. If I might suggest, the X2 Power Group31 AGM is a great value and comes with a 5 year warranty. I too am planning on running an ARB Elements Fridge in the near future as well

That is the exact fridge I was looking at. The 50qt regular one is too tall and will not fit under my tonneau cover. Sweet, thank you, I will have to look into the X2. I have been eyeballing the odyssey personally.....$425 is pretty expensive but I have always had good luck with them.

The install is finally complete

From this
917E9074-DFA8-4299-9A0E-5C8D22F97445.jpeg

To this
5C2756C3-A682-4AAD-BD00-62212C6C31A9.jpeg

A979131E-E67F-47C9-90E0-422268F288EE.jpeg

The bracket isn’t perfect, but for bending in a vise and only having a jig saw and files.....not bad I think.
What size wire and connectors did you use for your grounding bus?

Did another switchpro 9100 for a buddy on his new 4runner. Still got a gang of lights to install but the brain is in, switch panel mounted and got the @Baja Designs s8 wired up in the SSO slimline front bumper we installed tonight. As I add the rest of the lights I am planning on taking a lot of pics of all the wire harnesses I make as well as the connections and process. But to give you an idea of what's to some; 30 inch @Baja Designs OnyX6 hi-power, BD XL80'S for A-Pillar lights, 4 S2 sports on his front runner rack that we need to install as well as 2 more S2 chase lights, 8 rock lights and 2 flush mount S2 sports in the SSO rear bumper that we have yet to install. So I've got some work ahead of me.

We did the Fox 2.5 suspension all around last week and capped that off with some Icon Billet uppers.. gonna be a nice build!

Did another switchpro 9100 for a buddy on his new 4runner. Still got a gang of lights to install but the brain is in, switch panel mounted and got the @Baja Designs s8 wired up in the SSO slimline front bumper we installed tonight. As I add the rest of the lights I am planning on taking a lot of pics of all the wire harnesses I make as well as the connections and process. But to give you an idea of what's to some; 30 inch @Baja Designs OnyX6 hi-power, BD XL80'S for A-Pillar lights, 4 S2 sports on his front runner rack that we need to install as well as 2 more S2 chase lights, 8 rock lights and 2 flush mount S2 sports in the SSO rear bumper that we have yet to install. So I've got some work ahead of me.

We did the Fox 2.5 suspension all around last week and capped that off with some Icon Billet uppers.. gonna be a nice build!

Sounds pretty awesome.

Back