• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suspension creak/noise

B_Lui

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
Voodoo Blue
2019 Pro, stock suspension. I’ll get creaking when I get in and out (my body weight is enough to get the noise) and going over curbs, etc. at low speed. I’m not familiar enough with the suspension setup. It sounds to me like some kind of mount or bushing that might be dry. Anyone ever have something similar?

2019 Pro, stock suspension. I’ll get creaking when I get in and out (my body weight is enough to get the noise) and going over curbs, etc. at low speed. I’m not familiar enough with the suspension setup. It sounds to me like some kind of mount or bushing that might be dry. Anyone ever have something similar?
Fastest way is to get someone under the truck while the heavy guy applies the weight,
bounce on the driver's side then the passengers,..... move to rear bumper then the front.

Do the weight checks before you apply silicon or grease to make sure you get all the spots marked,... then apply the weight once more.
Time to drive it after you lube it over some speed bumps and uneven ground.

Do not use WD-40 or PB Blaster use a silicon or a lube product.

Upvote 0
If you mean the rear like under the bed, it's your leaf springs.. I just had that discovery not that long ago. No matter how much you lube it, it'll come back. I've just gotten used to it sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't. Is what it is Ig, hopefully the suspension upgrade I'm looking at won't have this issue tho

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. It is an intermittent thing. Sometimes it creaks when I get in, sometimes it doesn’t. At the last oil change my buddy (former Toyota tech now at dodge) lubed everything up with red grease.

Upvote 0
I've heard of the radiator support bushing going back, causing this issue. I currently have a leaf spring squeak and it's about to drive me crazy.

Upvote 0
I usually get a creak from my new leaf springs in the back when the U-bolts need to be retorqued. Usually that solves it for me, but I'm also running a different setup than stock. I've heard of the cab mount making noise as well or the bed bolts also needing retightening. All things you can check pretty quickly with a torque wrench handy.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the additional input guys. It definitely comes from underneath the truck. Of course it’s been relatively creak free this week.

Upvote 0
Sounds like rear underneath. I haven’t gotten under and had someone stand on it yet, my guess is rear strut noise. The sound comes and goes with suspension motion.

Upvote 0
Not totally. My buddy greased the leaf springs at an oil change. Didn’t seem to help much. By the sound with the movement I’m thinking it’s the shaft in the strut. I don’t know if it’s a good idea to spray the shaft with silicone and I haven’t been too motivated. With the windows up I can’t hear it (when it does it).

Upvote 0
Back