• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Steel VS Aluminum Front Bumper

What websites are you guys using to buy these bumpers steel or aluminum?
Any tips on the assisted cruise control or collision prevention? Do they still work with a bumper?
Many of the vendors on this forum have the bumpers, some also offer discount codes for members here. Choose one you like the look of and then try contacting them on here.

I was finally able to install my bumper this weekend! CBI T3 mid hoop with Raptor Liner. Amber Morimoto fogs and Factor 55 flatlink to come...
IMG_7102.jpg
IMG_7108.jpg

I'm running a CBI T3 steel with short center hoop. Love the sleek look of this.
A7301139.jpg
Looking in to this same bumper but have a quick question. Do you have the front TSS sensor,. and if so does the hoop interfere with it?

I got the CBI aluminum full coverage full hoop T3 bumper. Definitely less weight than steel. It is super strong too. But with a winch, heavier battery, front accessories, heavy sliders, skids and a roof rack I dint want to much more weight upfront. The aluminum weighs about 120lbs. I do run have steel homemade sliders, CBI full steel skids and a steel high clearance C4 rear bumper. That rear bumper is like 225 lbs, heavy AF.
IMG_20200620_175758_803.jpg

Back