• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Spotify or Apple Music?

Spotify or Apple Music?

• Spotify

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Apple Music

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Which one do you use? I used Spotify for many years. Apple Music launched and it was shit, IMO. But nowadays, Spotify is constantly destroying itself by removing features, making their interface worse to use, etc, and Apple Music is actually quite refined now. Apple Music is especially better if you collect music as a hobby.

Which one do you prefer and what do you like or dislike about it?

I've used Spotify for about 5 years now, and am reasonably pleased. I use Apple Music for the random items I can't find on Spotify, but they both work pretty well, interface changes are annoying but I get used to them.

I do have issue with both, as they are cloud services, subject to removal and censorship (the Iliad was banned at a school...just wait, someone will flip out at Jimi Hendrix's national anthem and it'll be banned) and I've a good deal of old CD's that had some great music that now are hard to play due to minimal support (no more CD players...and it's just not as convenient to load up and change out Cd's :) guess I'm getting impatient).

I've used Spotify for about 5 years now, and am reasonably pleased. I use Apple Music for the random items I can't find on Spotify, but they both work pretty well, interface changes are annoying but I get used to them.

I do have issue with both, as they are cloud services, subject to removal and censorship (the Iliad was banned at a school...just wait, someone will flip out at Jimi Hendrix's national anthem and it'll be banned) and I've a good deal of old CD's that had some great music that now are hard to play due to minimal support (no more CD players...and it's just not as convenient to load up and change out Cd's :) guess I'm getting impatient).
My biggest complaint with Spotify is how you navigate your library. It’s weird. You probably know what I’m talking about since you use both.

I’ve always liked Apple Music. I’m pretty stuck with it though since all of my devices are Apple. I like how I can switch the song playing from my phone, to the Apple TV, to the HomePod. The quality is good and I’ve never had an issue not finding what I was looking for.

Another interesting service is Tidal. My cousin uses it and says the quality is much better than Apple or Spotify.

I’ve always liked Apple Music. I’m pretty stuck with it though since all of my devices are Apple. I like how I can switch the song playing from my phone, to the Apple TV, to the HomePod. The quality is good and I’ve never had an issue not finding what I was looking for.

Another interesting service is Tidal. My cousin uses it and says the quality is much better than Apple or Spotify.
Speaking of switching from your phone, it actually kind of sucks that you can't automatically do that between your phone and computer like Spotify can. Not sure why they wouldn't have that as a feature when everything about Apple is supposed to be how "seamless" their ecosystem is.

I use Spotify, but absolutely despise the app. Especially on Android, it just crashes a lot, or deletes all my Music when I did pay their premium for Offline Downloads. I agree, the Library is weird to go through. When the artist randomly has somebody upload 15 copies of a terrible remix version, it ruins their Shuffle. As Shuffle All seems to be Spotify's preferred way to handle everything, I've come to never want to use it.

I will admit, the ability to cast music to other devices then control through laptop/phone/anything is super slick. I'd love to switch to anything else. I am slightly stuck listening to JRE Podcast on Spotify, but even that's become a boring podcast, to me, anymore.

I use Spotify, but absolutely despise the app. Especially on Android, it just crashes a lot, or deletes all my Music when I did pay their premium for Offline Downloads. I agree, the Library is weird to go through. When the artist randomly has somebody upload 15 copies of a terrible remix version, it ruins their Shuffle. As Shuffle All seems to be Spotify's preferred way to handle everything, I've come to never want to use it.

I will admit, the ability to cast music to other devices then control through laptop/phone/anything is super slick. I'd love to switch to anything else. I am slightly stuck listening to JRE Podcast on Spotify, but even that's become a boring podcast, to me, anymore.
The ability is super slick for sure. I used to be a huge Spotify fanboy. But just like Instagram, they seem to be slaughtering something that they once did so well, lol.

Seems to be true of every company that begins making TOO much money

They just need to squeeze every penny out of people, and don't take pride in pushing good software out 😭

I’ve used Spotify for going on six years now and it’s always been my preferred app only because it’s what I’ve always used and where all my music is, but like OP stated it’s just weird man. Spotify up until like 2 years ago was great but they’re always changing menus, interfaces, categorizations, etc. I’m a creature of habit so I haven’t switched to anything else but I don’t like using it as much as I used to.

Back