• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Speaking of games...Forza Horizon 5 and Toyota Trucks

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
So, everyone wants to drive their own vehicle in video games but with the Tacomas being North American specifically and the most recent entries in the series not being in NAM it was not happening...what we had was:

1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck
2007 TOYOTA HILUX ARCTIC TRUCKS AT38
2016 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER ARCTIC TRUCKS AT37
1979 TOYOTA FJ40

While close, those are not Tacos!

Then in Forza 5 we are in Mexico! That's the birthplace for most Tacomas (all of them now I think) so SURELY if there are going to be cars from Mexico the Tacoma finally has to make an appearance, right? Well it did...sorta in the form of the 2019 DeBerti Toyota Tacoma TRD "The Performance Truck"

But then! This week there are new Toyotas! What do we get? A 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro and a 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro.

SO DAMN CLOSE!!!

I still have my fingers crossed

Whoa, I remember that Tacoma from when it was first built and I posted it to the T3G Instagram page. Crazy that it's in Forza now.

Is this the Tundra? They didn't want to add the new one?
1647373999150.png

It's funny that a racing game added an F-450 but I would totally use it if I had the game.
1647374063471.png

Whoa, I remember that Tacoma from when it was first built and I posted it to the T3G Instagram page. Crazy that it's in Forza now.

Is this the Tundra? They didn't want to add the new one?

It's funny that a racing game added an F-450 but I would totally use it if I had the game.
That is the Tundra. The best part about the F-450 is the 10 speed transmission.

That is the Tundra. The best part about the F-450 is the 10 speed transmission.
Forza 3 was one of my all-time favorite games. I got really into making and selling custom liveries too. That was the last time I ever played because I don't have consoles anymore but man, I wish I could play F5.

Forza 3 was one of my all-time favorite games. I got really into making and selling custom liveries too. That was the last time I ever played because I don't have consoles anymore but man, I wish I could play F5.
Forza Horizon 5 is on PC as well.

HELLS YES!!!! And I have car pass already so that's super sweet!

I did. I made a new tune for it. It goes 230MPH on 20PSI tires and it's glorious! I was racing Bugattis all evening and beating them :)

I did. I made a new tune for it. It goes 230MPH on 20PSI tires and it's glorious! I was racing Bugattis all evening and beating them :)
What swap?

Does changing the tire psi do anything? Would be cool if it actually changes the truck’s physics.

Does changing the tire psi do anything? Would be cool if it actually changes the truck’s physics.
It does, it makes the tires a lot more grippy...but you can also still go 230MPH with them so it's not what I would call "real-world" :ROFLMAO:

I’m a little sad there’s no option to fully upgrade the suspension. Would’ve loved to be able to adjust the ride height.

I’m a little sad there’s no option to fully upgrade the suspension. Would’ve loved to be able to adjust the ride height.
I don't remember - do you/have you played SnowRunner? There's a 3rd gen in that game that is highly customizable.

I'm sure that's an option.

Back