• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Smart Key Fob - Lock - No Response

bonifacio

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.bracestraps.com
2019 TRD OR
Cement
Has anyone ever tried to lock their truck and didn't get any response? Usually it's the lights blink, beep and lock.
Sometimes nothing happens. Other times I have to hit unlock then lock.

I believe there are 2 antennas. One behind the glove compartment and one in the rear of the center console.
Pretty sure they are connected properly. Swapped to a new battery.

Have it in a Meso Keyfob.

No issues with starting. No issues with the smart door.

I'm stumped. Happen to anyone else? Maybe I'm just too far. Which isn't far at all. I'll see if I can replicate it and check distance/range.

The new battery was for the fob? My truck recently told me the battery in my main fob was low so I replaced it. However, I didn't notice any change in range and it was always responsive. I'm using the OEM housing, though. Do you have a spare fob? Does that one act the same way?

Upvote 0
The new battery was for the fob? My truck recently told me the battery in my main fob was low so I replaced it. However, I didn't notice any change in range and it was always responsive. I'm using the OEM housing, though. Do you have a spare fob? Does that one act the same way?

Yeah, spare factory fob seems to work the same way. I just swapped the battery in the fob thinking that would fix the issue. Gonna check it when I have some time.

Upvote 0
Back