• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Sliders

Awesome! You're the first I know of in the area. Have you checked out 4x4 in Brooklyn Park? I haven't gone yet but will soon. I hear it's pretty nice. I keep telling myself to hold off on the suspension lift but I struggling to do so.

Awesome! You're the first I know of in the area. Have you checked out 4x4 in Brooklyn Park? I haven't gone yet but will soon. I hear it's pretty nice. I keep telling myself to hold off on the suspension lift but I struggling to do so.

I drive by it every morning and evening but havent stopped in yet. Dont hang out with me. Youll want the lift. Lol

where are you in MN. I recently moved here and have Mobtown Offroad. they hug the body really closely and are designed to really stick up to abuse.

if you wanna check em out let me know and maybe we can meet up.
fullsizeoutput_68f.jpeg

+exm6bMBTXKz9kvzmpopDA.jpg
+exm6bMBTXKz9kvzmpopDA.jpg
Really digging how much they don’t stick out. I’ve been on and off with who I’m gonna order from but now I think I’m back to Mobtown again.

i ordered mobtown sliders last month or so, the 8wk mark is 6/11 so hopefully get these on next weekend!

excite.

Got it done before I moved out here. Back in GA

Do you do all the work yourself? Just curious if you favor any local shops in the area. I'm not mechanically inclined so I'll have to find a reliable place to install the lift.

I went with @SDHQ OFFROAD bolt-on sliders for my DCLB for a few reasons. In my opinion, their fab shop is second to none out here in AZ, they have five anchor points, full coverage wheel-well to wheel-well, 4130 chrome-moly for super strong construction and light weight at the same time, TIG welded, kick-out towards the back and they look really clean with the slightly textured powder coat.

1530558293823.png

1530558312632.png

1530558327733.png

1530558344219.png

1530558361880.png

1530558376813.png

I went with @SDHQ OFFROAD bolt-on sliders for my DCLB for a few reasons. In my opinion, their fab shop is second to none out here in AZ, they have five anchor points, full coverage wheel-well to wheel-well, 4130 chrome-moly for super strong construction and light weight at the same time, TIG welded, kick-out towards the back and they look really clean with the slightly textured powder coat.

1530558293823.png

1530558312632.png

1530558327733.png

1530558344219.png

1530558361880.png

1530558376813.png
Nice looking truck!

For people who want to just find the most inexpensive sliders available here is a Google Doc that will tell you. All you need to do is input what body style you have, what mount type you want, if you want a kick-out, if you want top/fill plate, and if you wanted painted. Know that these are base prices and do not include sale prices; also lead times may very between companies, shipping may vary. But this is just a general guideline.

Slider Price Comparison

@Pelfreybilt, in your opinion, should I get a set of sliders or better skids first? I honestly could probably go without either since I try to go around any real rocky stuff but I know it's better to have it than need it.

@Pelfreybilt, in your opinion, should I get a set of sliders or better skids first? I honestly could probably go without either since I try to go around any real rocky stuff but I know it's better to have it than need it.

definitely sliders first, most people dont ever get skids (even though we always tell them to). Typically you are more likely to damage a door or side of the vehicle, something as small mas kicking up a log. Hits the door in the right spot, door doesnt open and you are out 3500 to replace the door.

1C8B0AFE-422C-4164-8857-46E0380A7EAF.jpeg

want to be different from other companies so I asked my friend to fab this one up 100# each heavy as f***

About 30# heavier a piece than most sets but they do look rad. Interesting choice on the square outside tube.

Sleekest profile sliders would be the rockyroadoutfitters sliders. I have them on my truck. I looked at every company out there and decided to go with these. I’m personally not a fan of having wings on the side of my truck so these fit the script. They are prob one of the strongest built sliders on the market. Their description is actually pretty funny too. Here’s a pic of mine. For the price they are also one of the cheaper solutions but that doesn’t mean the quality is not there. They come powder coated as well. And they also make kickout sliders. Not sure why people need to pay 1300$ for half the quality of these and look like they are ready to take flight. But..... to each his own!

http://www.rocky-road.com/tacoma-rock-sliders.html
45082C0C-9B35-4264-B91E-B0B5F5AA9E1A.jpeg

I know it's been awhile, @Ktmslado but I just got the Super Sliders installed! I love the sleek profile... Thanks for the recommendation!
20180827_074920.jpg

@Pelfreybilt are great sliders. I opted for the filler plates to prevent rocks being thrown all over my paint driving down long rocky county roads. Since you live up north, its probably best not to have filler plates with the salted roads.
IMG_4085.JPG
91AC1EBB-B9FD-45D9-8E39-939E170A4341.jpg

@Pelfreybilt are great sliders. I opted for the filler plates to prevent rocks being thrown all over my paint driving down long rocky county roads. Since you live up north, its probably best not to have filler plates with the salted roads.
IMG_4085.JPG
91AC1EBB-B9FD-45D9-8E39-939E170A4341.jpg
They look awesome. Yes, salt is definitely a concern up here. I've heard the Toyota frames rust quick...? I plan to apply undercoating in the fall and wash it frequently during winter.

Back