• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Side mirror extenders for when towing

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Hello friends! Well, I've decided that the stock mirrors are not going to work while towing my trailer. I can't see shit back there. I was hoping to find some of those custom molded mirror extenders for the Tacoma but they don't seem to be on the market. My options seem to be a full wing mirror replacement with those fold up Ram-type mirrors, a universal strap-on situation (yikes!) or a camera set up for the back of my trailer that routes to the rear view. None seems ideal. What are people using and what would you reccomend based on your experience?

Nothing? Well shit. I guess I'll just buy a generic set then.

Yeah, I went with these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R5Y8IOO/?tag=tacoma3g-20

Some reviews said they worked, others said they didn't. We shall see. I also emailed CISPO USA to see if they had a Taco custom fit version in the works. It seems like the permanent solution is to get the aftermarket Ram style flip up mirrors for $200-$500 but I want to still be able to get into the woods so that's a no-go for me.

Back