• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

SgtTaco’s build thread

SgtTaco

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
A little introduction first. This is my first Tacoma, 21 DCSB premium Sport 4x4 silver sky metallic.
01B67BDE-835A-4AC5-9DEF-7615C5997DAF.jpeg
Traded in my 19 Tundra Limited 4x4 Off Road on it. I always knew that when I decided to downsize that there was only one suitable contender, the Tacoma. Now, I’m 52 years old, no plans to off road, so this will be a fairly basic build. Nothing very wild.

This past Saturday when I picked it up I put on in-channel vent visors. I’ve had vent visors on most every vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Sunday I installed a new start button from Meso Customs 7CD0BC5B-C424-4A9C-BCF5-3436A76E519B.jpeg
I have no plans to do a chrome delete. I like a little chrome.

Today I put together a Meso Customs minimalist key fob.
image.jpg

Originally I was getting an Army green truck but that dealer failed me. Even though my truck is silver, I like it.

I have a couple more items here at the house to install but will update this once they are complete.

Welcome! I've never heard of a "Premium" Sport. What is that?

Premium package which has heated leather seats, noon roof and I think an upgrade to the stereo. Can’t remember exactly. I just wanted the seats and moon roof

Nice looking rig! I've been throwing around the idea of grabbing those visors.

Premium package which has heated leather seats, noon roof and I think an upgrade to the stereo. Can’t remember exactly. I just wanted the seats and moon roof
Huh, I thought that was the "Limited" package. I guess I was wrong.

Congrats on the '21. Enjoy it!

Just finished installing my console safe. Eats into my storage some, but willing to sacrifice that for a safer place for my “buddy” while I’m at work than the plastic glovebox.
84689E67-B0C4-4609-B3DF-F8F891124021.jpeg

Next on the list is the power tailgate mod and maybe one day, if it’s ever back in stock, the Meso Customs total tail stage 1. Unless anyone knows of an equivalent alternative without changing the actual tail light assembly.

Next on the list is the power tailgate mod and maybe one day, if it’s ever back in stock, the Meso Customs total tail stage 1. Unless anyone knows of an equivalent alternative without changing the actual tail light assembly.
I've also been eyeing the power lock on the tail gate! Shop around and it's fairly inexpensive.

I installed a DIY power tailgate lock mod and the A/C drain hose mod today. Waiting for Fed Ex with my chrome Toyota exhaust tip

So today I installed the Gator EFX low profile hard fold tonneau cover. I absolutely love this thing!
A318313C-AC8C-4DBF-9E3A-EF9AD5BEE8CD.jpeg

You might be able to use this kit to clean some of that up.

I pulled that up, but it doesn’t exactly say what it does. So I’m not sure what you are saying by cleaning it up

Cleans up the little details. Make it feel like a more finished product.

Attachments

• bd76b47891d6bd299c8bb913e48822c3.jpg
    bd76b47891d6bd299c8bb913e48822c3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 1001f421c792fc368d0b4b076ae57fac.jpg
    1001f421c792fc368d0b4b076ae57fac.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 51
Hmmm…..something else to spend my money on. I might do that. Thanks!👍

So I ordered the factory exhaust tip from an OEM supplier in NE OH, and it came to SW OH. Shouldn’t take long, right? They shipped it FedEx SmartPost. I figure that’s one of those collaborations with the Post Office. Once it got to central OH and was picked up by “Smart Post”, it went to Sacramento, CA! By the time it finally made it to SW OH, it had been 17 days!
9EBB4C93-C22A-46A6-8062-7DE2799E3F16.jpeg

SmartPost is worse/slower than using USPS directly. What is the place in NE Ohio you ordered from? I'm in Willoughby, OH.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

*edit* That place is 10 minutes or less from my house. Right by the dealership where I bought my truck.

Last edited:
Back