• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Seat covers?

ToyBliss

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
Where might I find some good-looking, somewhat durable, good-fitting seat covers?

Other keywords: seatcover seat cover interior cloth

Last edited:
How much you looking to spend?

I wrote this up awhile back:

Not sure how accurate it is. I ended up going with the Carhartt's. They've held up well for close to a year and I'm pretty hard on them.

I did an install video as well:

Original link: https://youtu.be/LCY89zCLgKQ

I have Wet Okle in the rear because my children are disgusting.

I want something thin in the front that will work with my seat heaters, but don't look like canvass bags like the Carhartts.

-M

I got a set of neoprene off of Amazon. They fit well and I can access my behind back seat cubbies as well as my under seat cubbies. I think they were $68 front and back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210503-195203_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210503-195203_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 64
I have coverking. They've lasted for 5 years and two trucks. Waterproof, feels kinda like a carhartt material but thinner, though plenty tough.

Another vote for Coverking. They are available through Costco too, and go on major sale a couple of times a year. Had a set of Neoprene in my Ram.

So I’m going to ask at the risk of getting blasted for asking like I did on TW for asking this very same question.
is it a good idea to use seat covers like the carharts even with the air bags in the seats? The thought of the seat covers messing with the deployment of the air bags is a little sketchy to me.

I wouldn't think the seat covers have anything to do with the air bags. Air bag on the passenger seat detects if anyone is in the seat but still I don't believe the seat covers have anything to do with it. Tacomas have front and side airbags. Just my 02cents.

My seat covers are designed for airbag deployment. I wouldnt buy seat covers if they dont specifically say they are for use with airbags.

So I’m going to ask at the risk of getting blasted for asking like I did on TW for asking this very same question.
is it a good idea to use seat covers like the carharts even with the air bags in the seats? The thought of the seat covers messing with the deployment of the air bags is a little sketchy to me.
There are airbags IN the seats? I was unaware of this. Where are they?

EDIT: Oh wait, I see the link in Biohazard's post.

Last edited:
There are airbags IN the seats? I was unaware of this. Where are they?

EDIT: Oh wait, I see the link in Biohazard's post.
I learned something today......didn't know there were sidebags in the seats.....thought they were in the sides of the cab.....

The coverkings I have were designed with the airbag deployment that in mind. There are some stitch points that allow for the airbags to pop forward along the appropriate seam.
Here's a good write up. https://www.core77.com/posts/94366/...cting-a-Seat-Cover-Toyota-Tacoma-in-This-Case

And stop wasting oxygen, you useless bag of hide. :ROFLMAO:
Thats a good write up. I think that the dickies seat covers have it right. And I am impressed how well they fit. I might have to check them out.

Back