• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Screeching sound when turning

mgmyota

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I started having this weird screeching sound almost like nails on a chalkboard when I turn left only. We got some much colder weather that blew in the last few days and that’s when it started. Only happens when I just start driving and when I make that first left turn. If the truck sits for a while and I go to drive again, same thing usually happens. It only happens that one time usually and then it’s fine. Truck seems to drive fine and I don’t hear anything else out of the ordinary. I’ll try to get a video when I can. I’m thinking something just needs to be greased. I already checked the power steering fluid. I’ll check the rack after work today for leaks.

Apparently I can’t upload a video of the sound. Didn’t realize only certain sites were allowed. But the sound is still happening and it’s more of a shuddering grind. Like something is stuck grinding on the brake dust shield. Nothing is grinding on that though. And only when I turn left at a slow speed

Upvote 0
Ive had to pull my dust shields off my rotors a couple of times, makes a really loud noise when its actually touching. Maybe check your LCA bushings, mine squeak once in a while, check your UCA/Spindle joint too
Yeah I figure something just needs some grease. I have more ptfe lube coming tomorrow for all the heims and uniballs. If that doesn’t fix it I’ll go through all the bushings. I’ll double check the dust shields again. It’s just weird that it only happens at slow speed while turning hard left

Upvote 0
So I’m still getting this sound. Fairly curtain it’s the cv axle at this point. Any chance when the shop did the install of the clamshell bushing they could have messed something up and now I have this sound? Bad seal in there maybe?

Upvote 0
Back