• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Performance Rubbing after lifting. Please help!

goldcoin93

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport. I just lifted it 3 inch front and 2 inch rear. Wheels -- 17X9 -12 offset. Tires 285/70R17. Stock UCA.

I did the alignment, but I think they didn't do it right. I'm rubbing the cab mount/fender flare a bit hard on the front passenger side only. I rubbed same part on the driver side but slightly.

I'm sending it back to alignment but I am not sure what specs should I tell the person.

Please advise. Pictures attached too.

Attachments

• 20211116_184608.jpg
    20211116_184608.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20211116_184550.jpg
    20211116_184550.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 79
I just mention this same problem, same size lift and tires plus 12 degree off set..
Had a CMC (cab mount chop)…help a lot…but I still had rubbings..
Some one mention move the tires forward…I have a SPC upper control arm install for more accurate alignments..
By moving both front tires forward…about 1/2 …99% of my rubbings went away…note I have NOT gone serious off road..just off roading on a dirt hill coffee land roads…lots of ruts…and I had lots of rubbing till the realignment shop…did this…movement forward….99% of rubbings GONE….oh so happy!,,
Hope this helps …!
Aloha

Another choice ? Go one size smaller tire…. Next Cab mount relocation kit..but research the CON,s…
I notice if relocation kit bolt is still in the same place? May not work…I watch my mechanic , 2nd time chopping off more metal…he got really close to the bolt holes…
Off course the next is a higher lift?

After reading of people installing 33’s ..with stock and some with 2-2.5 lifts..I am surprised how many get NO Problems? Maybe the certain years..maybe Short bed vs LB’s , I did noticed before my CMC the driver side tire was forward more then the passenger side…
Aloha
Too bad Toyota corp don’t realize many Tacomas have small fender wells , and the reason people buy Tacomas is to go where there is no pave roads…and most Overlanders will install bigger tires…
Aloha

Easy least fix. Just take a hack saw, soldering iron, or rotating saw and trim the 1/2 inch of plastic that's giving you trouble. Don't be afraid to trim your trim...it's just trim, easy to replace if you actually bugger it up, and you'll overcome your fear of messing with your truck.

Back