• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

RTT mounting hardware

moostache

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
Got my fancy tent mounted today, pretty awesome. Question though, do you all forego the mounting hardware and go straight through the rack with washer and bolt?

Was trying to find some replacement m8 1.25 in stainless but was thinking just going 5/16. Problem is those aluminium sliders are soft as shit and I’m worried about the play in the bolt switching sizes. Hand tight is almost enough to wreck that aluminum.

How do you all mount to your racks?

I’m trying to understand which part you are talking about skipping. Do you mean a single bolt through the bottom of the tent and continued through the bed rack itself?

You got it man, exactly that. Instead of using the double piece on top, 4x for 8 total bolts, I was thinking about just using 6 singles w/washers and am on the hunt for some new hardware rather than chopping the existing.

n8BSoEV.jpg

Back