• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Midwest Sold! RSI Smartcap

2016TRD4x4

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
I’ve got an RSI smartcap, it’s the Evo-C for a 5ft bed. I plastidipped it black. The finish is a little streaky but if you’ve ever worked with plastidip you know it’s not to hard to remove or touch up. It’s white underneath. My priorities have shifted and I no longer require it for my work so I’m gonna have to let it go. Asking 2200. I’m willing to meet halfway with the buyer.

Last edited:
Wish I had a fiberglass cap to trade yo. I've been wanting one of those smartcaps
It’s pretty cool I like it, but my wife thinks it’s ugly and I’m tired of hearing about it lol
I’m not that attached to it!
My problem is that I can’t have any downtime without a topper as I work out of my truck in some pretty sketchy parts of Louisville and all my tools and material would likely vanish if I just sold my topper to shop for a new one so I’m in a bit of a bind. It’ll work itself out though…maybe.

I'm up in ohio. Let me see if I can find a topper for a short bed up here. Any color preference?

I'd trade but not for a white one. I have a silver Snugtop.

I’ve got an RSI smartcap, it’s the Evo-C I plastidipped it black. The finish is a little streaky but if you’ve ever worked with plastidip you know it’s not to hard to remove. It’s white underneath. I’d like to trade for a fiberglass topper. I’ve got a 3rd gen shortbed. I don’t know if anyone would be interested but let me know. Front runner load bars come with it.
where are you located? i have a leer 100xr thats lined and has an interior light.

So I’m no longer trying to trade the topper, I’m trying to sell it. I’ve had some unfortunate circumstances fall on me the last few weeks, I apologize for my negligence of this thread. If anyone is interested in purchasing, or knows anyone that might be in the market, I’m ready to sell asap. I’m asking 2200. The price reflects the streaky plastidip and the fact that I added some brackets to the passenger side gull wing for a step ladder. These can easily be removed and the holes from the attachments puttied and painted to match.

Back