• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Roadmaster Active Suspension…Tacoma?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Anyone install these for there 4x4 and use it for off roading.. Roadmaster Active Suspension system..
Part # RAS4514-sat or RAS452-sat…not sure of the difference…both cost $499.00 shipping not include…

I had one RAS-active on my 2002 Nission Exterra…purchase this SUV use and it came with it….never did pay attention..but look cool…motor die and I sold it…
One video show a one increase in height after install.
2000 lb. Capacity, reduces sway, improves traction ,east to install…. I had traction control lift single spring install on my Exterra and 2002 Ford ranger…you could feel the difference in traction grabbing right away… nice! This acts like a traction bar and helps prevents axle wrap..

Your thoughts?
Aloha
After further research. The RAS is for stock rear springs…. With my Icon Add-a-lift…which has a bar across the top of rear spring…where spring is attach…this RAS will most likely NOT fit….
I may go with either a one inch lift block or 2 inch instead…I want the rear to have a higher rake..due my fiberglass camper and heavy gears for over night camping and fishing…

Last edited by a moderator:
I only see these two.

4614-SAT - Axle is below the leaf springs.

4624-SAT - Axle is above the leaf springs.

Source: https://activesuspension.com/products/toyota-tacoma-2005-2021?variant=39608364630224

I'm gonna assume RAS45xx was for the 2nd Gen. They updated model number to 46xx to make it 2nd - 3rd Gen. Less confusion than updating old stock and catalogs.

For the price on those, I'd just hunt down a full leaf pack. It would be the same or slightly more. Sell the AAL and might be the same.

Last edited:
Good point. I may have to go with the 4624-sat ..2019 TRD..over the lift springs back …I did install a Icon 1 1/2 inch add-a-lift now, but I wanted a higher rake…not sure if 1 inch more or 2 inch more..due to loads I take fishing and camping..blocks or this Road master Active Suspension…many excellent benefits..but very expensive $499.00 plus $74.00 ground shipping , priority shipping $94.00 to Hawaii..
Blocks ,new total strings , RAS system?
Aloha,

Good point. I may have to go with the 4624-sat ..2019 TRD..over the lift springs back …I did install a Icon 1 1/2 inch add-a-lift now, but I wanted a higher rake…not sure if 1 inch more or 2 inch more..due to loads I take fishing and camping..blocks or this Road master Active Suspension…many excellent benefits..but very expensive $499.00 plus $74.00 ground shipping , priority shipping $94.00 to Hawaii..
Blocks ,new total strings , RAS system?
Aloha,
You can get another .5" if you throw the overload leaf back in.

I know there are a couple options for leaf pack heights. You can probably find those for $600-700 shipped. Figure out weight vs height. Sell your Icon AAL and now you're back down to or under how much the RAS is. Don't think the RAS gives you any more height. It's like the overload, it doesn't do anything until enough weight is loaded to go against it. Also depending how high, you have to watch how much travel distance your shocks have.

Last edited:
I look at my springs…the 5160.,s the drivers side, if I put the RAS…when it bottoms out..it will HIT the reservoir mounted on the frame!…reservoir seat just above the rear spring , driver side only…passenger seats away..reservoir..
This will NOT work very well for me..
Also there is a factory spring clamp inches from rear eye bolt..meaning the RAS flat piece near the slip over unable to seat flatly due to factory spring clamp…and the Icon Add-a-lift clamp could interfere with the RAS springs as it buttons out?
Maybe factory only spring with 5100s should fit better..

I may need. to look at lift blocks , 1-2 inches, Maybe “Sumo springs “. ( just that I have Duro bump stops , 5 inches tall design for my lift..
Oh well…
Aloha,

From what I understand RAS..is for towing and heavy loads.. it does NOT mention for off roading terrains…guessing OK for milder off roading ?
Anyway will not work with 5160s …driver side reservoir sticks over the spring and when compress may destroy the reservoir?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back