• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Recommendations for Replacement of Front CV axels shafts

TacomaMTB

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2016 Sport DCLB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hi Guys, I am sure this question is already in the tread but I couldn't find it, is there any recommended replacement for the Front CV axels shafts? my boots are broken and leaking the grease and I was told that they wont sell or replace just the boots in both shafts, any advise? I don't mind putting new axels due to my Tacoma 16 has 98000 miles but is there any better brands?

Thanks

Looks like the boots are available..

If they're not clicking they should be good to re-boot. It's usually not too difficult to change the boots, just messy, and if those lasted almost 100k before leaking I'd stick to OEM.

The orange ones are also pretty popular, but if stock lasted that long I'd just stay with OEM, especially for the price of the OE kit.

Upvote 0
Back