• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

RCI or Tacoma Apocalypse bed rack

CCTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 Sport DCLB Auto
White
Trying to decide which mid height rack to go with.... Any thoughts or opinions?

We don't have any experience with the Tacoma Apocalypse bed rack, but we can vouch for the RCI Bed Rack. The quality, design, and functionality are top notch.

upTOP Alpha Truss!

RCI bed rack works fabulous for me. Stout and easy to remove if needed. held everything I needed it to.

I appreciate the feedback everyone! It's definitely a hard choice right now.... I really like the Apocalypse, but I haven't really been impressed with their customer service or expected timeframe for their products. I recently purchased the molle rear seat panels back in September and still haven't received them yet... I reached out to them and the claimed they emailed me stating they were lost once they went to the powder coating company...I never received an email and apparently they made another set and they're back at the same powder coating company....Another reason why RCI is looking better....

I'm a huge fan of the Victory 4x4 mid height bed rack. Super stout, and built like a tank.

I like my Relentless Fabrication bed rack. It has a lot of mounting points and is very sturdy.

I like my Relentless Fabrication bed rack. It has a lot of mounting points and is very sturdy.
They are also great looking bed racks as well. I’ve heard good things about Relentless Fabrication. Thanks for your input!

We have had lots of positive feedback on our racks. Offered in two heights with free shipping and free powder coat (some of the best powder coat in the business, BTW.)

You can use the coupon code FIVE on the site right now, or just wait until Black Friday ;) Let me know if you have any questions (y)

1573841409764.png

1573841424694.png

1573841433281.png

1573841440545.png

1573841458385.png

We have had lots of positive feedback on our racks. Offered in two heights with free shipping and free powder coat (some of the best powder coat in the business, BTW.)

You can use the coupon code FIVE on the site right now, or just wait until Black Friday ;) Let me know if you have any questions (y)

1573841409764.png

1573841424694.png

1573841433281.png

1573841440545.png

1573841458385.png

Definitely considering your product! Looks awesome! Thank you for the feedback!

Do you or know someone who has owned one? I haven’t been able to find anyone other than the site owner
Non but its badass ,lots of great feature

Last edited:
I don't have a bed rack but have purchased from RCI twice in the past. The best fabricator I've ever dealt with. Short lead times and they are very transparent. I recieved phone call updates and had my rear bumper within 2 weeks of ordering. Quality is top notch as well.

I'm looking to get mid height bed rack. Does anyone with a mid height rack wish the went full height?

I'm looking to get mid height bed rack. Does anyone with a mid height rack wish the went full height?
Visibility out the back window and storage on the sides and under the rack is so much better with full. Worse MPG with a tent up in the wind. For me the tradeoff is worth it.

It wasn't until AFTER I installed the RTT did I even check to see if it would fit in the garage. The mid height with RTT does (thankfully), so I'm thinking that's another reason to go mid. It's good to put the truck in the garage when it's tornado season here.

It also depends on how much stuff you’re putting under the rack too. If you’re not stacking a bunch of stuff you’ll still have visibility with both mid and full. If you plan on stacking them I’d go full. All depends what your primary use for it is. I’m still sticking to a mod height. Just need to pick which one.

It also depends on how much stuff you’re putting under the rack too. If you’re not stacking a bunch of stuff you’ll still have visibility with both mid and full. If you plan on stacking them I’d go full. All depends what your primary use for it is. I’m still sticking to a mod height. Just need to pick which one.
Best answer, built it to what you need out of it !!
If you do long treks out in the Bush gone for weeks then storage is extremely important !!
It all depends on what you need !! And that geos with everything on the truck gear and equipment as well

Best answer, built it to what you need out of it !!
If you do long treks out in the Bush gone for weeks then storage is extremely important !!
It all depends on what you need !! And that geos with everything on the truck gear and equipment as well
My fault, I should have been more specific. I was looking for reasons other than visibility. Not planning on going into the bush for weeks, weekends to a week. That's why I'm thinking mid height. Honestly, I overlooked the storage aspect though.

My fault, I should have been more specific. I was looking for reasons other than visibility. Not planning on going into the bush for weeks, weekends to a week. That's why I'm thinking mid height. Honestly, I overlooked the storage aspect though.
There no fault !! It will always come out to what you need to get done and to what will work best for you, mid and low and high are all great options I myself will be going to the high root so I dont have to much issue accessing my box or crawling around , is i keep my tonneau cover i MAY even be able to open it all the way

Back