• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rattling/grinding noise

Johnnytwotimes

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
When accelerating on low rpm’s(sometimes) I hear the noise, almost sounds like the car will stall. no mods done to it,completely stock and it’s an automatic transmission. It only has 24k miles. Don’t want to take to the dealer really I hope I can find the solution here.

Last edited:
It only has 24k miles.
What year?

This is what I'd use the warranty for. Just take it in. Tough to diagnose anything with your vague description.

What I gathered from your post:

Stock Tacoma
Automatic
24k Miles
It accelerates.
It makes sounds.
It sounds like it's gonna stall.

What kind of sound? What area of the vehicle?

Upvote 0
What year?

This is what I'd use the warranty for. Just take it in. Tough to diagnose anything with your vague description.

What I gathered from your post:

Stock Tacoma
Automatic
24k Miles
It accelerates.
It makes sounds.
It sounds like it's gonna stall.

What kind of sound? What area of the vehicle?

I apologize it was not a well thought-out question but it just sounds like a grinding/rattling noise when I’m accelerating around 1000-2000rpms almost sounds like something is loose but it goes away and sometimes I don’t hear it at all. And it’s all coming from the front. I have a 2021 Tacoma v6

Upvote 0
I apologize it was not a well thought-out question but it just sounds like a grinding/rattling noise when I’m accelerating around 1000-2000rpms almost sounds like something is loose but it goes away and sometimes I don’t hear it at all. And it’s all coming from the front. I have a 2021 Tacoma v6
Check for a loose heat shield maybe. It’s probably something stupid like that. If you can’t figure it out easily I would take it to the dealer

Upvote 0

Does it only make the sound when accelerating or does it do anything if you rev in Neutral?

Upvote 0
Back