• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Ranger, Ranger, Xterra, Titan, Ranger...........TACO!

GTGallop

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
New Member and FIRST TIME Tacoma owner. This is our second Toyota though. Wife is currently in a 21 Supra. We live in North Maricopa County (North of Phoenix), Arizona and enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, gold panning, shooting and off-roading.

We are active members in our local C.E.R.T. Organization where I'm the Communications (Amateur Radio) Task Group Lead.

Ditched my Ranger (you can see I've had a few) after growing tired of dealing with Ford service techs and the BS weaseling they do to get out of warranty work and design flaws. Loved the truck, just couldn't trust it to be dependable and the wife said no more going off road. Well that's a deal breaker.

We got into a 2023 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. Initially I wanted the Trail Edition but the TRD-OR was a few thousand cheaper and had some goodies on it that the Trail didn't have. I know Toyota has an excellent reputation for quality but we snagged the 10/100 Platinum Package - JUST IN CASE!

So far I'm finding this truck to be a very intuitive and well mannered truck. I'm still on the first tank of gas so I'll be dragging it out on to the trail soon. Just need to get the ceramic coat done first.

Stand by... New Taco Owner Stupid Questions Coming Soon.
(I promise I will search first)

New Member and FIRST TIME Tacoma owner.
Welcome to T3G, and congrats on the new truck. Any quick questions you have about it? And any photos of it yet?

Stand by... New Taco Owner Stupid Questions Coming Soon.
(I promise I will search first)
Ha! Stupid questions are encouraged here. We even have a thread for it:

Don't stress about that. Per our forum guidelines:
🔍 "Use the search function" is not a helpful answer!
  • One of the main purposes of being on this forum is to learn and teach others. Replying to people by just stating that their question has already been asked and answered a million times, and that they should've searched first, is not helpful to them. It does not hurt the community, the server, or anything else if a new thread is created about a question that has been answered some time ago. To make even more of a point about it, two different members that asked the same question could and often do require a different answer based on their application and goals. It is much more useful for them to receive a response that is specifically tailored to exactly what they asked. However, if you've made your best attempt at an answer and feel they could benefit from information that you don't have, you may politely suggest they try searching to further dial in on what they need at the bottom of your reply.
👤 A newbie question is not a stupid question.
  • Not everyone has been doing this for years and not everyone has mechanical or DIY experience. Do not shame someone for asking a question that you believe they should already know the answer to. Use your higher level of knowledge to properly inform them. I don't care if they're asking why their push-to-start won't start their truck -- just tell them that they need their foot on the brake and if that still isn't working, feel free to help them troubleshoot to the best of your ability or wait for someone else to respond.

Do yourself a favor and check all of the fasteneres in the front suspension. They tend to loosen up with time. NOt enough to notice, but enough to put additional strain on them and then fail. If the knuckle fails, it usually takes other stuff with it.

This isn't a dig at Toyota. All brands have their quirks.

Welcome!! I think you'll enjoy the T3G chassis! Been a great rig for me!

IMG_3753.jpg

Welcome to the club. Nice truck.

Back