• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Post purchase fog light install possible?

Kjack48230

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Just wondering if it's possible to have fog lights installed on a new 2021 SR 4x4 crew v6 if it didn't originally have them.

You can add in fog lights to your Tacoma using factory wiring and a switch. I should of made a write up last year when I did mine.

Here are some of the part numbers to add fogs.
82114-04010 front bumper harness
90080-87026 fog lamp relay
84140-0r020 for headlamp,turn signal.fog lamp (multi function switch).

81210-08020 Right fog lamp
81220-08020 Left fog lamp
90167-50063 Installation screws x2
52127-04020 Right fog lamp cover
52128-04020 Left fog lamp cover

Intermittent wipers
84652-06340 wiper stalk

I did use this guide on tacomaworld to help me with the install.. Nitori's OEM SR Foglight mod!feel free to pm for more details.

I wonder if Toyota pre-wires their fog lights. I know some other manufacturers do. They pre-wire some things. Bed lights for example.

Is there a way to wire fog lights so they go out when the high beams are turn on for a 2021 Tacoma sr

Is there a way to wire fog lights so they go out when the high beams are turn on for a 2021 Tacoma sr
Does your SR have the factory switch? I'm assuming you added your own afterwards with an aftermarket switch? Some models are pre-wired and some are not. Will depend on that. Was yours pre-wired? What Fog Lights did you install?

There is a guide that takes you step by step on a clean factory install. Using factory harnesses and switch.
Google:

Nitori's OEM SR Foglight mod!​

Most people want to make theirs stay on and the ones who install aftermarket don't bother wiring it to turn off.

I'd use the existing wiring harness assuming you have one with a relay.

I'm not an expert, I just have made a bunch of my own harnesses for things I've put together. Everything from lights and horns. Easiest method and what I'm assuming you have.

Aftermarket:

I would try wiring the fog lights to be triggered by the factory low beam. Since the low beams shut off when you hit the high beams it should carry over.

Relay:
30 - Power/Battery
87 - Fog Lights
85 - Ground - I'd put the aftermarket fog light switch here.
86 - Factory Low Beam Fuse - Add-a-fuse at the fuse box. Existing factory fuse will go on the bottom.

EYaHB5.jpg

This retain the factory low beam function.
The fog light switch is just powering the fog lights.
The low beam switch is what will be turning the fog lights on and off.

No factory switch, no factory harness, and the low beams stay on when the high beams are turned on

The SR is pre wired for fog lights. Find the y connector needed to plug into the line and your fogs will be activated by the factory light switch.

The SR is pre wired for fog lights. Find the y connector needed to plug into the line and your fogs will be activated by the factory light switch.

Will depend on packages. Not all SR are prewired.

Aftermarket:

I would try wiring the fog lights to be triggered by the factory low beam. Since the low beams shut off when you hit the high beams it should carry over.

Relay:
30 - Power/Battery
87 - Fog Lights
85 - Ground - I'd put the aftermarket fog light switch here.
86 - Factory Low Beam Fuse - Add-a-fuse at the fuse box. Existing factory fuse will go on the bottom.

EYaHB5.jpg

This retain the factory low beam function.
The fog light switch is just powering the fog lights.
The low beam switch is what will be turning the fog lights on and off.
No factory switch, no factory harness, and the low beams stay on when the high beams are turned on

Assuming that means no factory switch and it's not pre-wired this is your answer.

What if the factory relay for the fog lights, along with the fuse is there, but does not have the factory switch. Is it possible it’s wired for the four lights.

You should be good. I used the guide that was on Tacoma world when I did mine, you just have to be careful when removing the clockspring.

Roger, thank you. I’m going to look at it a little harder over the weekend.

For anyone looking for fogs, I have stock ones with bezels off my personal truck. I also can get you set up with Diode, Baja, and Rigid for fog light packages. We're a dealer here at Rogue Offroad

Just be aware, not all aftermarket fogs lights are legal? ( legal for street driving) Look for the ones made and design for on street driving. If you want for driving on streets ?
The rest is for off roading.
Aloha

Just be aware, not all aftermarket fogs lights are legal? ( legal for street driving) Look for the ones made and design for on street driving. If you want for driving on streets ?
The rest is for off roading.
Aloha
"off-roading" 😏

I believe it's lights that are SAE approved.
They have a horizontal cut-off so you don't beam people in the face.
I just run around with BD Squadron Sports. YOLO.

I have a 2014 Toyota Tacoma 2.7 liter pickup. I would like to have fog lights. There is a cut out in the bumper. Will there be wiring already there so I can just
plug them in?

I have a 2014 Toyota Tacoma 2.7 liter pickup. I would like to have fog lights. There is a cut out in the bumper. Will there be wiring already there so I can just
plug them in?

I'm gonna assume no. Don't think the 4 cyclinder Tacomas were prewired. I think only V6's came prewired.
You would just install them light a light bar or any accessory, then just use a switch to turn it on and off.

1691438736508.png

Back