• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maintenance Poor fuel milage after fuel pump recall work

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Has anyone who had the fuel pump recall get worse fuel mileage after the new one was installed? I had mine done today while it was in for an oil change. Fuel mileage went way down and truck seems to labor now. Acceleration is low and the truck kind of feels like it's being held back.

Haven't heard of mileage goin' down with the change. My mileage went up and runs well. Wonder if it will improve as more miles you put on it.

Upvote 0
Haven't heard of mileage goin' down with the change. My mileage went up and runs well. Wonder if it will improve as more miles you put on it.
Hopefully it gets better once I put some miles on it. We leave for Moab end of the week and its gonna suck if the mpg stays at 13 lol.

Upvote 0
Hopefully it gets better once I put some miles on it. We leave for Moab end of the week and its gonna suck if the mpg stays at 13 lol.
Yeah, that's not gonna be good! I'm really surprised your mileage went down. Gotta get better I would think!

Upvote 0
I noticed after changes, mine would take a dip and slowly climb back up over a couple tanks. Maybe it's relearning? Any drastic weather change?
I've never noticed a loss after oil changes. Even with 33s and a tune I was holding steady at 15.5mpg. I'm fine with that considering how heavy the truck is. Hopefully its relearning and will level out. No drastic weather changes here. It's been in the high 80's to low 90s

Upvote 0
I was consistently getting 22.1 on my drive to work (38 miles all highway, one way). I recently started driving with ECT on. Mileage has went up to 23.3. I had my truck for about a week before I did the fuel pump recall, so I really haven't noticed any significant change in fuel mileage.

Upvote 0
I was consistently getting 22.1 on my drive to work (38 miles all highway, one way). I recently started driving with ECT on. Mileage has went up to 23.3. I had my truck for about a week before I did the fuel pump recall, so I really haven't noticed any significant change in fuel mileage.
Must be the 4banger.

Upvote 0
I shoulda took a pic of the '18 Sport mpg today.....1/2 way between 1/2 and 3/4 tank and showing 26.1mpg.......started out a full tank monday afternoon showing 24.2 on the way home from work......running 91 octane here.

Upvote 0
I got 20.5 mpg once in my life, straight and flat driving, 55mph, no ac. Even before the lift and tires it was 14-15mpg around town. Now it's 11-14 city/hwy. :) meh.

Upvote 0
Took this pic on the way to work this am.

Attachments

• 67B1A7FA-3D95-45CB-924B-3EBE48C18A0C.jpeg
    67B1A7FA-3D95-45CB-924B-3EBE48C18A0C.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
I shoulda took a pic of the '18 Sport mpg today.....1/2 way between 1/2 and 3/4 tank and showing 26.1mpg.......started out a full tank monday afternoon showing 24.2 on the way home from work......running 91 octane here.
Ok, now you’re just showing off.

Upvote 0
Well after a 4k mile road trip the mileage didn't improve. Highway speeds, loaded down, no A/C, and the average was 12.8 mph. On the way home I just said the hell with it and ran the ac since the mpgs were shit anyway lol

Upvote 0
Well after a 4k mile road trip the mileage didn't improve. Highway speeds, loaded down, no A/C, and the average was 12.8 mph. On the way home I just said the hell with it and ran the ac since the mpgs were shit anyway lol
Well that sucks!

Upvote 0
Has anyone who had the fuel pump recall get worse fuel mileage after the new one was installed? I had mine done today while it was in for an oil change. Fuel mileage went way down and truck seems to labor now. Acceleration is low and the truck kind of feels like it's being held back.
Had recall done. No significant changes after. I'm Tuned with Valley Runner now.
Lifted - Big Tires - Shell

Upvote 0
Back