• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pinch weld

haas.evan

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.evanhaasphotography.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Inferno
I've just fitted 285/75/17s on my truck with an Icon stage 4 lift. The CMC and fender trimming is done as well. The last real thing I need to do is the pinch weld. That being said does anyone have any tips on how to bend the pinch weld out of the way?

I've just fitted 285/75/17s on my truck with an Icon stage 4 lift. The CMC and fender trimming is done as well. The last real thing I need to do is the pinch weld. That being said does anyone have any tips on how to bend the pinch weld out of the way?

Just hit it with a bfh. The top part is very easy to bend, once you get lower you have to swing a little harder.

Bend it towards the outside and you can use it to mount the fender liner to it.

Heres my video on it, how I did it.

SAVE YOUR PINCHWELD 3rd gen Tacoma cmc
Original link: https://youtu.be/jZyyAQocu2M

Use a grinder, sawzall, tin snips, etc to cut the pinch weld every few inches where the contours are so when you hammer it down there is relief in the areas where there are any bends or contours.

Use a grinder, sawzall, tin snips, etc to cut the pinch weld every few inches where the contours are so when you hammer it down there is relief in the areas where there are any bends or contours.

You don’t have to cut it at all.

I didn’t say you had to, but it made it a lot easier to cut and tap a few times to fold flat than to beat it until it stretched or cracked. I’ve done it both ways, cutting it is a lot easier, and has no negative effect.

ah

Pro-tip: Use a drilling hammer. 3lb should be good. Makes a huge difference. Heat it and go slow. Even can wrap the hammer with a towel.

Pro-tip: Use a drilling hammer. 3lb should be good. Makes a huge difference. Heat it and go slow. Even can wrap the hammer with a towel.

Don’t take this as rude but

Wut? I’ve been analyzing this statement for a few minutes and phoned a friend, I just don’t get it.

So use a drilling hammer? Hammer drill?
3lb one is enough
Heat the drill or the hammer?
Wrap hammer with towel, won’t it be too hot?

I just need answers..

Estwing 3-Lb. Drilling Hammer (aka BFH).​

Attachments

• 63199_400x400.jpg
    63199_400x400.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 79
Back