• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Picked up the second remote key today...

Happy Trails II

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 SR DCSB Auto
White
When I bought my Tacoma a few months ago it only came with a single remote key. And a note promising a second one "someday" in the future. Well that day was today.

Interesting experience. Toyota went to the trouble of confirming via email the appointment for the key and programming. I got there, 10:20 AM, and they had me out at...1:20 PM. Yep, three hours to do a ten minute job. What a disaster that dealership is. No vehicle inventory. Short on parts. Can't get simple service done.

Idle (broke) salesmen ambling around the place. You can count the new inventory all on one hand (after a lawnmower accident).

Lot is largely empty. Mostly used cars and a few trucks/SUVs.

Anyway, I got my key. Pretty much expected it would take that long. Just the way dealers roll.

Back