• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pepperheads Unite

Meclizine

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Midnight Black
Show me your hot sauce, pepper plants, Scoville Scorecard, or whatever spicy thing you like.

Personally, I'm mostly into hot sauce of the medium level. Anything made from jalapenos to habaneros get my attention, but scotchbonnet and others of that caliber are too much. I'm a spice enthusiast, not an Olympian. Here's a shot of my lineup. Note that some are still unopened but that won't last long.

IMG_20220515_164716246.jpg

The first on the left, orange pulp habanero, is really interesting. I tag teamed a few tamales with it and the next one over, the garlic pepper (habanero?). Good stuff. That subtle one labeled "BEWARE" is a bit much as a condiment for me so I use it for cooking and a few dollops make pasta sauce really shine. I haven't tried the next two yet. But jumping to the actual peppers, those things make me cry. They're some wildtype pepper a colleague found in the Southwest US and grows them for fun, and they pack a punch. The mindset that's best for eating them raw is the same one you should have for shotgunning a beer. My favorite brand is Marie Sharp's, which is from Belize. The only US brand I really like is Angry Bird, not pictured. But I find only a few of their products around here. Marie Sharp's has quite a product line that makes it into the US so I'm a bit of a fanboy at this point.

If I lost the ability to taste capsaicin it'd be the equivalent of any of the traditional senses of taste. Sweet, sour, salty, bitter, umami, and pain. After all, spice is the... uh, well, spice of life I guess.

I haven't gotten into the sauces yet (not a big condiment guy). Last year I grew habaneros in our garden and was making fresh salsa with them. Perfect amount of heat for me AND fresh salsa was amazing.

Back