• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

P21D0 Cylinder 2 Injector "B" Circuit/Open

hlabug

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
White
I have a continuous misfire at idle on my 2018 3.5 litre V-6. When it transitions from idle to load and the direct injectors take for the port injectors the miss goes away but if I try to pass a vehicle it begins to bog down and starts missing badly. I know the obvious is "did the rodents get to the harness?" The answer is not to the best of my knowledge, I have taken the glove box out and inspected the engine compartment thoroughly. Another interesting phenome is that it will go into limp mode and stay there unless I cycle the key.
I have been a mechanic for a minute and have never seen an injector cause this much havoc but then again that was primarily on German cars and the usual military vehicles!
I also understand the there are three different part #'s for the port injectors and you have to remove the plenum to access to number in order to check the number. This will also afford me the opportunity to OHM the injectors.
When I called the "local" dealership they said they have never sold an injector or ECU only harnesses that were chewed by rodents.

So, my question is, has anyone else ran into this fault code?

Back