• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

SoCal Nobody's Tuning - YotaWerx SoCal tune install service - authorized VF Pro Tuner

Awesome! I need to figure out which gears I need to get. I'm planning to buy some near the end of the year.

Since I would be flashing in an area not local to me it would be best for you to have the gears installed and broken in already so we can put the correct tune for the long run into the truck. It doesn't make sense to flash the factory gearing tune just to have to news gears installed a month later.

Since I would be flashing in an area not local to me it would be best for you to have the gears installed and broken in already so we can put the correct tune for the long run into the truck. It doesn't make sense to flash the factory gearing tune just to have to news gears installed a month later.
Ah... good tip. Okay. I guess, I will plan the best I can. If it doesn't happen this time around, then maybe in the future. I'm hoping to wait for some Black Friday deals in a month or so.

@Mr. Nobody

Looking to purchase the OVTuner and need guidance on exactly what to purchase from ovtuned.com

2021 TRD Off-Road with Premium Off-Road Package and Technology Package with Nitro 5.29'S

If anyone could tell me exactly which products to buy I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

@Mr. Nobody

Looking to purchase the OVTuner and need guidance on exactly what to purchase from ovtuned.com

2021 TRD Off-Road with Premium Off-Road Package and Technology Package with Nitro 5.29'S

If anyone could tell me exactly which products to buy I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Message sent.

You need the VFTuner software and cable package, as well as a tune pack. With those you'll be able to flash your truck. Total comes out to around $800.

x2 for the Carson City/Reno/Tahoe area. Heck, if you are going to be anywhere north of Bishop, I can cruise down.

Has anyone Tuned a 2021 TRD Off-Road yet? Results?

2021 tunes haven't been released yet. They are currently being worked on but have not dropped. Hopefully soon.

x2 for the Carson City/Reno/Tahoe area. Heck, if you are going to be anywhere north of Bishop, I can cruise down.
I actually got hit up by another guy up there the other day so this may actually happen. I'll get back to you with details.

2021 tunes haven't been released yet. They are currently being worked on but have not dropped. Hopefully soon.

I actually got hit up by another guy up there the other day so this may actually happen. I'll get back to you with details.
I'll have to wait until the 21 tunes are released. I have a coworker who may be interested as well.

I'll mark down in my notes that you need a 2021 tune and get back to you when they release. 👍

hi- I know this is a bit of an old thread- are you still doing the ov tunes? do u ever get up to sf bay area? I have the ov and love it- but I want to do the customized for tire size etc -Let me know
thanks
mark

Hi Mark. I do still do flash installs. I may be up in the Benicia area in the near future as I may be stopping in at Vagabond Outdoors. I could help you with some custom tuning while I'm ok there. Send me a message with your email and lets talk. 👍

Hi Mark. I do still do flash installs. I may be up in the Benicia area in the near future as I may be stopping in at Vagabond Outdoors. I could help you with some custom tuning while I'm ok there. Send me a message with your email and lets talk. 👍
just saw this- that would be great- my email is hedge1895@gmail.com - thanks

Hey you ever up around Santa Cruz area. I have the 87 tune but wanted to get the 91 tune. Thanks

Hey you ever up around Santa Cruz area. I have the 87 tune but wanted to get the 91 tune. Thanks

Occasionally. Don't have any plans to be any time soon though.

Hi all!! I'm now doing authorized flash installs of OVTune software for the 3.5 Tacoma.

This software changes the way your motor performs and more importantly, the way your transmission shifts.

We all know the Achilles heel and bane of our driving experience is the neurotic shifting of the OE Tacoma shift programming. It's insane and is enough to drive any owner to consider selling the truck. But don't do that!! There is a cure.

OVtune reprograms the ECU and TCU software to a much, much better performing system that will make you fall in love with your truck all over again.

I am now offering flash installs for the local Tacoma community and will reprogram your software for a fraction of what the full cost is through OV.

How can I do this? I figured out how to install and understand the software over the last couple of years of running the same software on my own truck. Now I am authorized by OVTune to install directly to other users trucks.

Why is it cheaper? Through OVTune you have to order the full install software for your computer, the cables and hardware to make it work, and the tunes specific to your vehicle. Through me you do not need the software or hardware and I install the tune onto your truck. By not having the added expense of the hardware's and software I can offer you a deal better than the full price.

So what do you get? Together we decide what time best fits your truck based on your build and driving habits, gear size, tire size, and any significant added weight. Then we install on your truck and your good to go!!

For further details feel free to send me a message and I'd be happy to schedule you an appointment in the San Diego area, or maybe meet up when I'm in the road traveling.

Thanks for looking and hit me up!!

Edit: I will update this thread if I am prepping to travel anywhere. Maybe it will help someone who realizes I'll be in there area and can do a flash while I travel. Be sure to follow this thread as I do a lot of travel around the southwest US.
Hi, I am in Phoenix Arizona. I definitely want an OVTune.
I have the 3.5L and a 6Sp MANUAL trans. I notice the powerband really kicks in around 3500, I feel this is a bit late for the manual trans.
I do not know what flexibility the tune has but maybe you already know.
I am also part of one of the local Tacoma Clubs here so maybe we can get other interested too.
I will shoot you a PM next.
Thanks, Charles

Hi all!! I'm now doing authorized flash installs of OVTune software for the 3.5 Tacoma.

This software changes the way your motor performs and more importantly, the way your transmission shifts.

We all know the Achilles heel and bane of our driving experience is the neurotic shifting of the OE Tacoma shift programming. It's insane and is enough to drive any owner to consider selling the truck. But don't do that!! There is a cure.

OVtune reprograms the ECU and TCU software to a much, much better performing system that will make you fall in love with your truck all over again.

I am now offering flash installs for the local Tacoma community and will reprogram your software for a fraction of what the full cost is through OV.

How can I do this? I figured out how to install and understand the software over the last couple of years of running the same software on my own truck. Now I am authorized by OVTune to install directly to other users trucks.

Why is it cheaper? Through OVTune you have to order the full install software for your computer, the cables and hardware to make it work, and the tunes specific to your vehicle. Through me you do not need the software or hardware and I install the tune onto your truck. By not having the added expense of the hardware's and software I can offer you a deal better than the full price.

So what do you get? Together we decide what time best fits your truck based on your build and driving habits, gear size, tire size, and any significant added weight. Then we install on your truck and your good to go!!

For further details feel free to send me a message and I'd be happy to schedule you an appointment in the San Diego area, or maybe meet up when I'm in the road traveling.

Edit: I will update this thread if I am prepping to travel anywhere. Maybe it will help someone who realizes I'll be in there area and can do a flash while I travel. Be sure to follow this thread as I do a lot of travel around the southwest US.
Hello, let me know when you will be driving by West Texas if you do.

Do you have an up coming schedule of places you will be in CA?

Not in Cali. I have plans to be in Nevada, Utah, and Arizona at the end of April and into May.

Hi, I live in Temecula area so not far to travel to you or meet here. What's the charge for a flash? 2019 TRD Sport 3.5 Auto, and how is your availability in advance meaning could we set up a week or more?

Hi, I live in Temecula area so not far to travel to you or meet here. What's the charge for a flash? 2019 TRD Sport 3.5 Auto, and how is your availability in advance meaning could we set up a week or more?

PM sent!!

Send me a DM and we can see about coordinating a meet 👍

I am looking for someone in east Tennessee that can fill me in on the complete package. I am new at this and will not load up my truck with all the all the stuff. MY email is craigmaxson@yahoo.com. then we can get phone numbers.

You install the KDmax tune by any chance?

Hows it going!

Interested in a tune- I'm in the inland empire area and wouldn't mind doing a day trip to come get a tune. 265/70r17 (30s) tires, stock everything else.

You install the KDmax tune by any chance?

I do not. I am currently developing my own personal tune that I will soon offer for new and current customers.

Hows it going!

Interested in a tune- I'm in the inland empire area and wouldn't mind doing a day trip to come get a tune. 265/70r17 (30s) tires, stock everything else.

PM sent!!

Definitely need this! I'm in Las Vegas, NV. Are you going to be around here anytime soon?

I Im in Phx Az, and need my 2019 Tacoma tuned. How do I contact you.
xgab28@aol.com

HiHi all!! I'm now doing authorized flash installs of OVTune software for the 3.5 Tacoma.

Back