• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OV Tune KDMax VF Tuning service in the PNW area

PNWTacoma

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I’m equipped to flash tune 2016+ Toyota Tacoma with Orange Virus (OV Tune) 2.0 in the Pacific Northwest- Portland/Seattle area.

Does your Tacoma drive poorly? Does it shift frequently and lag? Well, this tune is for you.

The tune is flashed to your ECU via OBD connection. This calibrates your ECU with more efficient tables. The result is better throttle and correct shift points which results in improved MPGs. The service also includes the scanning of your ECU to ensure you have the most current version. If not, this will be updated to take advantage of the newest TSB.

Usually the cable, software and tune goes for $600-$800 directly through OV, however, the Company is transitioning to VF Tuning which will allow for future self-tuning.

The tune is non-destructible and non-detectable and can always be flashed back to stock if needed. After 3.5+ years of tuning, there hasn’t been any bricking or warranty issues noted.

Attachments

• AE947C5F-B83A-4D50-9D3C-67F81124E77B.jpeg
    AE947C5F-B83A-4D50-9D3C-67F81124E77B.jpeg
    836.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 75948F34-45A2-4488-936E-0B2C3E5547CD.jpeg
    75948F34-45A2-4488-936E-0B2C3E5547CD.jpeg
    740.5 KB · Views: 189
I’ve got this done ✅ thanks Paul!

87tune 2.0v automatic 35s stock gears. No more lag, powerband is awesome. Improved MPG. From 13.5 back to 15mpg! Way better shifting points, no more gear hunting, Lot better acceleration from the start, and I even can hit 1500rpm in 6th gear in 60-70mph! Now I think I don’t need to regear at all

contact @PNWTacoma get urs done!

I’ve got this done ✅ thanks Paul!

87tune 2.0v automatic 35s stock gears. No more lag, powerband is awesome. Improved MPG. From 13.5 back to 15mpg! Way better shifting points, no more gear hunting, Lot better acceleration from the start, and I even can hit 1500rpm in 6th gear in 60-70mph! Now I think I don’t need to regear at all

contact @PNWTacoma get urs done!
Glad to hear how your truck is running now. Thanks Nick!

I still need to get this done. After purchasing a couple non-related items from Paul, I can vouch he is the real deal.

Anyone second guessing tunes from Paul, just know he is professional, helpful, and most importantly, LEGIT!

We will have to set something up to get me tuned once work calms down a bit.

I still need to get this done. After purchasing a couple non-related items from Paul, I can vouch he is the real deal.

Anyone second guessing tunes from Paul, just know he is professional, helpful, and most importantly, LEGIT!

We will have to set something up to get me tuned once work calms down a bit.
Thanks my man! Let me know when you’re ready

Looking into this myself. Planning on 33s in the near future...can I tune to this tire size when I’m still running 31.5s? What are the consequences of having smaller tires than what the truck is tuned for? Thanks

Looking into this myself. Planning on 33s in the near future...can I tune to this tire size when I’m still running 31.5s? What are the consequences of having smaller tires than what the truck is tuned for? Thanks

I ran the OVTUNE with 34s and we set it @ 35s, stock gears ⚙️, and 87tune. Still gained mpg improvements, no more gear ⚙️ hunting and top of it better acceleration

Will the 87tune, when the correct tire size is inputted, correct the speedometer/odometer when flashed?

No. Tune is fuel, mapping and shifting.
Rgr, thx! I know back in early 2018 it was confirmed by OVTune, over at TW, that it could be done and that feature was in the process of being added. I guess it never worked out...

I’m equipped to flash tune 2016+ Toyota Tacoma with Orange Virus (OV Tune) 2.0 in the Pacific Northwest- Portland/Seattle area.

Does your Tacoma drive poorly? Does it shift frequently and lag? Well, this tune is for you.

The tune is flashed to your ECU via OBD connection. This calibrates your ECU with more efficient tables. The result is better throttle and correct shift points which results in improved MPGs. The service also includes the scanning of your ECU to ensure you have the most current version. If not, this will be updated to take advantage of the newest TSB.

Usually the cable, software and tune goes for $600-$800 directly through OV, however, the Company is transitioning to VF Tuning which will allow for future self-tuning.

The tune is non-destructible and non-detectable and can always be flashed back to stock if needed. After 3.5+ years of tuning, there hasn’t been any bricking or warranty issues noted.
What is the cost for flashing and where do you do your business from? Just regeared and looking into doing the tune if possible. Thank you.

I have a 2017 TRD PRO all Stock. How to I coordinate to get a tune? here is my email lorenashley@mac.com

Gentlemen,

Looking for an OVTune linkup in Portland OR.

2021 TRD Offroad

Thanks

Last edited:
HMU if you're looking to get your Tacoma tuned in the NW!

pnwtuningllc.com

Attachments

• IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 102
Back