• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

OV Tune in Ohio

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Does anyone here do OV tunes in NE Ohio or Western PA/ Nort West Virginia? Would like to get it done soon. Hopefully by someone who can also reflash after my regear is done in the spring. If there is already a OV Tune directory on here I'll try and find it. If not, maybe we can start one?

I’m looking for someone to do a ov tune on my 2016 limited tacoma. I’m working in Cincinnati and live in Kentucky. Need some help!!! Thanks

^^ @SubaruTheTacoma this is exactly what I mean about OV Tuning being such a pain in the ass.

I’d say most areas. The market for custom tuning on a mid-size truck does not support that type of business model.
Not for the price that OVTune requires to become a dealer, but a fair amount of people seem to want it. I've been playing my own custom tune, but its been purely by butt dyno.

General question, though.

I'm interested in what kind of Tunes people are paying for? Is it just the OVTune 2.0 that was created, or do they really trust random people that advertise their own tunes? I ask because I joined a Facebook group for Pittsburgh, and offered about doing the OVTune 2.0 but the one guy didn't seem interested in the standard 2.0 and really wanted this tune by a guy that is coming in town that advertised on Craigslist. Maybe he has more reputation than I know, this is just a single FB post.

(I'm not sure if I'm making sense, I was so confused by the interaction that I didn't ask more. I'm just wondering if other people have dealt with these tune dealers more and know a little more about what they do)

Not for the price that OVTune requires to become a dealer, but a fair amount of people seem to want it. I've been playing my own custom tune, but its been purely by butt dyno.

General question, though.

I'm interested in what kind of Tunes people are paying for? Is it just the OVTune 2.0 that was created, or do they really trust random people that advertise their own tunes? I ask because I joined a Facebook group for Pittsburgh, and offered about doing the OVTune 2.0 but the one guy didn't seem interested in the standard 2.0 and really wanted this tune by a guy that is coming in town that advertised on Craigslist. Maybe he has more reputation than I know, this is just a single FB post.

(I'm not sure if I'm making sense, I was so confused by the interaction that I didn't ask more. I'm just wondering if other people have dealt with these tune dealers more and know a little more about what they do)
“Butt dyno” I love it

most of my clients want just the standard OVtune 2.0 and it’s the main one I stand by because it has been dyno tested and user proven.

however I do offer one other performance tune done by K&D tuning called the KDmax performance tune. This tune is awesome and really unleashes the beast. The only reason I offer this tune is because it has also been dyno tested and user proven.

I always urge people to not run home brewed non tested with data logs / dyno. I would not run anything that has not been tested and have data logs to prove it’s not hurting the truck.

“Butt dyno” I love it

most of my clients want just the standard OVtune 2.0 and it’s the main one I stand by because it has been dyno tested and user proven.

however I do offer one other performance tune done by K&D tuning called the KDmax performance tune. This tune is awesome and really unleashes the beast. The only reason I offer this tune is because it has also been dyno tested and user proven.

I always urge people to not run home brewed non tested with data logs / dyno. I would not run anything that has not been tested and have data logs to prove it’s not hurting the truck.
perfect, this is exactly the answer I was looking for; thank you. I never heard of a K&D Tune or another company like that, that gives the actual dyno results to people. I'd only ever seen the 2.0.

I have located a guy in NJ doing mine in NEPA and provided a link to here so maybe he will chime in.

He also strongly suggested staying with the 2.0

There are trucks with over 200K+ so long term proven reliability, dyno proven results, excellent results and customer feedback...and much of what is mentioned above.

Has anybody seen data? That's still my biggest concern. "proven results" doesn't actually mean anything when there's no proof posted along with the advertisements.

Customer feedback, but that doesn't mean much to me. Especially when people are paying a few hundred dollars, they are generally inclined to want to like the product to begin.

Also, I'm aware I'm being very critical, and I've liked the bit of tuning I've done to my truck. I've really only touched some of the throttle response, because Toyota was doing some weird stuff to the 6-speed and I always had trouble finding the right throttle position when I shifted. I'm just wary of software changes that I am just paying for what appears to be working.

Look up Chris Wolfe on any of the fb Tacoma pages. He’s doing tunes out of the Dayton, OH area. Had him tune my 2016, no problem recommending him.

I’m looking for someone to do a ov tune on my 2016 limited tacoma. I’m working in Cincinnati and live in Kentucky. Need some help!!! Thanks
MC,

I know this is an old post but I myself and moving to Newport and working in Cincy in a few weeks. I’m also interested in getting mine tuned and was wondering if you had any luck finding someone?

Back