• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

On-board air questions

ElementRob86

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Magnetic Gray
So I've had on-board air in several vehicles and I'm looking to build a system for my truck. I have twin Viair 480's already and got my eye on a 5 gallon aluminum tank. I'm probably going to run a two tank setup (wet and dry) with the first being at 200PSI and the second regulated down to 165PSI with another regulator to step down for tools and such. I also have a set of horns that will be ran off the 165 tank but that's just a side project. Has anyone done a similar setup? I'd love to see pictures of peoples setups!

Also, has anyone used the Tacoma Beast bedside compressor mount for their compressors?

Gotcha. I thought they looked similar. Haha

Will that fit twin viairs? It looks like it but just want to confirm.
Haven't seen anything for the twin Viairs. Might have to grab a passenger side mount for an ARB with tank and just drill your own holes. I know some have fit things under the rear seats. Could also get an under seat mount up front and try seat jackers to see if there's enough clearance.

Maybe this:

Find this and mount upside down? Maybe grab a L bracket mount like this and lay one on each side.

0f347b48ffecba317b6461897c4431a6.jpg

Funny story, I had this setup (5 gallons,.2-2.5 gallon tanks and both compressors with a setpoint of 200PSI) in a 2005 Prius mainly for use of airhorns (see DC metro area traffic dash cam footage) and had both compressors mounted in the under cargo area tray in the back. These suckers are noisy and I will do anything to not have them inside the cab. Haha. I appreciate your input!! I actually forgot all about this question so I just sent an email to EE about the validity of using their mount for a twin Viair setup.

Back