• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Off road campers

Jag75

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you own one ? Been looking at them . I was shocked by the price . I think if I end up going that route I'd probably go with Teton x hybrid. I like the idea of sleeping inside and being able to stand . There are some other cool trailers but I can't see paying a ton just to sleep in a RTT. I would just stick to a RTT and no trailer.

Let's see what you guys have and discuss

Not really an 'off road camper', but I often take it where it probably shouldn't go. :D

Attachments

• Beartooth Camper.jpg
    Beartooth Camper.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 130
I've been eyeing the Bruder EXP-4 for quite a while...but I don't have $50K to drop on it at the moment.
We have the same issue lol 😔

That's a nice trailer !

Last edited:
Ruger Trailers makes a nice unit for around $7500. It's still a RTT but its a nice unit with power lift for the tent so its low during travel and goes up to allow the annex to be used properly. Lots of room to pack all the gear and be able to use the truck to explore without having to tear down camp.

Well I decided against the Nobo 10.6 because I couldn't see paying 28k for a trailer my wife and I can't shower or use the restroom in .

I decided on the Wolfpup 14cc . Picking it up tomorrow.

I ordered a GoFast Camper/Topper a little while ago - expected around mid April. Not cheap, but light enough not to worry too much about excess weight.
Pondering one of these myself. Let us know how it goes when you get it

will do. Just an FYI - the process was a little different. There are folks to help you, but you order on line, pay a deposit get a call to confirm your order and before you know it your wallet is lighter by several thousand bucks. I started the process in January and expect delivery in April. Lastly since I live in New York, Shipping is expensive. They will not drop ship to your driveway. You either need a commercial shipper to receive it, or a fork lift available to unload the truck. Not cheap either way.

I've been restomoding old military trailers. Specifically the M416 and M100. Currently I have one of each I'm tinkering with. The 416 is pretty much done. Thinking of changing the color this summer and adding a rack. The 100 is new to me and I'll tear it down once the weather breaks. These things go anywhere and are super light. Add a tent and you're good to go. No standing or home comforts like you would with a full on tow behind however.
M416

20220110_154739.jpg

20220214_155156.jpg

M100

Last edited:
I ordered a GoFast Camper/Topper a little while ago - expected around mid April. Not cheap, but light enough not to worry too much about excess weight.

Picked up my Go Fast Camper in January. Tested it out earlier this month in Moab. Luv it. Modular tent bottom, access through bed or via ladder on the sides, large (50" x 90") tent footprint bottom. Can still use the truck bed, has cabana doors on both sides and back. On a 2019 Taco Off Road. With 5 windows, ladder, etc., I'm in about $7700. Found an inflatable sleeping pad (the factory modular pads are a bit firm) and cover it with three layers of blankets (I despise that mummy bag)...and the top closes. Consider one.

Last edited:
I built my own, spent about half of what a gfc is worth, but it is an insane amount of work and nothing seems to ever be perfect, but i dont regret my descision a bit, a camper is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Attachments

• DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 89
I'm a little late here since you already jumped on the Wolfpup, but here's my Winnebago Hike. Has everything the girlfriend needs for comfort plus solar and plenty of water for a few days trips, or more if you only shower every other day. Plus a sweet exoskeleton that acts as a protector, adds structural integrity, and you can bolt stuff on it for transport. 3600lbs dry and enough clearance to get over almost anything so long as you're creative enough! Not that I'd generally feel comfortable dragging a trailer through the rocks, but people try.

DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0226.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a little late here since you already jumped on the Wolfpup, but here's my Winnebago Hike. Has everything the girlfriend needs for comfort plus solar and plenty of water for a few days trips, or more if you only shower every other day. Plus a sweet exoskeleton that acts as a protector, adds structural integrity, and you can bolt stuff on it for transport. 3600lbs dry and enough clearance to get over almost anything so long as you're creative enough! Not that I'd generally feel comfortable dragging a trailer through the rocks, but people try.

DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0226.jpg
I really like how the Hikes look - how are you liking it? If just me I'd probably already have one but my wife is more keen to be on a more "luxury" side of things (thinking an Imagine XLS 17MKE or a Micro Minnie)

I really like how the Hikes look - how are you liking it? If just me I'd probably already have one but my wife is more keen to be on a more "luxury" side of things (thinking an Imagine XLS 17MKE or a Micro Minnie)

It's great. My girlfriend is the same, needs the luxury items! haha. This trailer is basically a lifted minnie with more capability, so if she likes the minnie she would probably like this. They have a few different designs and even a bigger size if that's what you're looking for. However, this trailer has been an absolute gem for all of our trips and a breeze to tow behind the taco. Just know that weight distribution and sway systems are a must as it creates a much better driving experience. Those will need to come off for offroading if you're needing the trailer to flex more than entering/exiting driveways.

Back