• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

new to me Tacoma

IMG955274.jpg
IMG955277.jpg
655070834.jpg
655070849.jpg
IMG955275.jpg
IMG955276.jpg
IMG_5341.jpg

'17 is the best year. Doesn't have the bugs of the '16 and doesn't have all the sensors of the '18

Although I do wish I had Android Auto.

Last edited:
Yeah, and no TSS for the 2017, which is problematic with aftermarket bumpers. That is too much automation for me. Let me drive my damn truck!

TSS? Oh, Toyota Safety Sense. Our RAV4 Adventure that my wife mostly drives has all of that. We have to disable some of it when pulling a trailer. Bit of a pain.

Last edited:
Welcome! Great looking rig! For a more OEMish vibe on the radio, take a look at the Pioneer NEX series. You could replace the headunit, add an amp and replace all the speakers for the price of the one you posted. You'd still retain all steering wheel controls as well. That's what I'm looking to do when the time comes!

Welcome! Great looking rig! For a more OEMish vibe on the radio, take a look at the Pioneer NEX series. You could replace the headunit, add an amp and replace all the speakers for the price of the one you posted. You'd still retain all steering wheel controls as well. That's what I'm looking to do when the time comes!

Looking at this Alpine unit as a possibility which does require some additional hardware/harnesses to work with steering wheel controls and existing SiriusXM.

I do like Pioneer also.
Screenshot_20211014-083405_Chrome.jpg

For myself….I like those safety features…..at my old age….nice to know my truck is thinking for me…lol
My flavorite feature is the reverse camera….so easy to back out of crowded parking spaces ..
Aloha

This is worth checking out. I have one in mine.

For myself….I like those safety features…..at my old age….nice to know my truck is thinking for me…lol
My flavorite feature is the reverse camera….so easy to back out of crowded parking spaces ..
Aloha
Until you back out and something is sticking out up top or you have your tail gate down.

Back