• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Tacoma TRD Off Road

IDAHO1811

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
I stopped at the dealer to check on when my Tacoma would be here. He said they expect it to arrive between Sept 20th thru the 26th. He said someone had taken a picture of the Port of Portland where the Tacoma's are gotten ready for shipment. He said it looked like there was 1000 vehicles there being readied for final shipment. I heard the "chip" shortage is gonna get worse. Just waiting now.

Mike

Welcome aboard from a fellow Off-road TRD owner!

Last edited:
Hey neighbor! Welcome aboard. What are your plans for your build?

This is the 3rd Tacoma that I will have had. All of the others have been used on our farm. They took a beating. I'm now leasing most of our wheat acreage to a neighbor farmer. I decided to get what I wanted this time. I wanted a full load of accessories. The problem was at that level it had to be a sunroof. I had a CrewMax with 165,000 miles on it and the sunroof started leaking and water got into the headliner. No more Sun/Moon roofs for me.
I ordered everything I wanted in a Tacoma for Touring. As I mentioned in previous posts we wanted heated Leather seats. These added $2300. . So I am waiting for a call from the dealer telling me it has arrived. It's just me & my wife so we both had "wants" for the truck. It's just a $42,000 retirement present. This was a dealer order that was placed in July 2021.

Our son lives in Bozeman. So we want to be able to visit the grand-kids anytime the weather is good.
I'm 77 years old so I don't do as much of the wrench pulling I once did.

Best to you and yours Mike

Mike:
Is your son into off-roading? My club (406 Cruisers) meets in Bozeman.
That is a nice retirement gift. I concur about sun roofs. I have one in my Mazda and never open it. Just waiting for it to leak.
We also built a campervan (2018 Ford Transit) for higher quality camping.

My son is into hunting. He has trained our grand-daughters to hunt. He likes off roading and has all the proper equipment. 4x4, ATV, Jumping Jack Trailer.
My wife & I will be there while he scouts for deer &Elk. I was an outfitter here in
Idaho for 10 years. Owyhee county.
Yes I am into Off roading. Check us out at www.vwthing.us If you go to my web site and click on The Travel Channel on the opening page there is a 3 minute video that they did on us.
I had a tacoma a number of years back that we used in the outfitting business.

Thanks Mike

My son is into hunting. He has trained our grand-daughters to hunt. He likes off roading and has all the proper equipment. 4x4, ATV, Jumping Jack Trailer.
My wife & I will be there while he scouts for deer &Elk. I was an outfitter here in
Idaho for 10 years. Owyhee county.
Yes I am into Off roading. Check us out at www.vwthing.us If you go to my web site and click on The Travel Channel on the opening page there is a 3 minute video that they did on us.
I had a tacoma a number of years back that we used in the outfitting business.

Thanks Mike
Mike, If you are in Bozeman on the 12th of OCT, we have our monthly club meeting. Would be great if you could stop in and meet others. Cool article.

Mark

Very good. Thanks for the invite.
Our farm is on the Nez Perce Indian Reservation so we can get to Bozeman by going on hwy 12 to Lolo Mt. It's not a big trip but the weather has to be right. Our house is here in Boise. I can wear out a Tacoma pretty quick. I didn't hear from the dealer today on my Tacoma. I will check with the dealer tomorrow.

I got a call from the dealership this morning. Advised me the Tacoma had arrived. I went over there and saw the Heated Leather seats had been installed. They didn't have the Tonneau cause it was on back order. Asked them how long it would be to do the other items. Said to come over tomorrow and we would do all the paper work and head home. The truck hadn't been cleaned and still had some plastic sheets all over. Looks great.....love the military green.
Mike

Welcome! I’m in the same boat (errr… waiting for the same boat) as you. They’re telling me 23rd-28th for my OR. It was a dealer spec, so I’ve only been waiting a couple weeks, not months! Looking forward to seeing some posts with your adventures.

I understand. The wait can some times seem long.
I used the Tacoma forum here (3G) and was informed enough to make the purchase smoother.
Thanks Mike

I got a call from the dealership this morning. Advised me the Tacoma had arrived. I went over there and saw the Heated Leather seats had been installed. They didn't have the Tonneau cause it was on back order. Asked them how long it would be to do the other items. Said to come over tomorrow and we would do all the paper work and head home. The truck hadn't been cleaned and still had some plastic sheets all over. Looks great.....love the military green.
Mike
I do love that Army green! Coming from a former Army guy of course.

I believe the sales guy told me the Military Green wasn't going to be available for very long. My current 2018 Tacoma is the tan they call Quicksand. I did notice with that color it was hard to see it in the Salmon River Highway heading north from Boise. It's the same color as the cliffs on both sides of the road.
mike

Hey all . Just bought a 2021 magnetic gray Tacoma. So far I really like it . I have a 2006 Ram 1500 that's lifted ( 4" + 3" body) . I've got 37's on it and swore I'd never lift another truck.

However I actually want my Tacoma 2 " taller . I have nerf bars with the steps and it's at an odd height. I don't want massive tires on it either . A little bigger but not too much.

Last edited:
I believe the sales guy told me the Military Green wasn't going to be available for very long. My current 2018 Tacoma is the tan they call Quicksand. I did notice with that color it was hard to see it in the Salmon River Highway heading north from Boise. It's the same color as the cliffs on both sides of the road.
mike

My buddy has the Army green. I love the quicksand color. With black accents it looks sweet !

My Tacoma arrived at the dealership this morning.
I have had great service with The Back Country Les Schwab. I use the LT 245/75R 16. I have used about 4 sets on my Tacoma's. The Back Country tires ran very well and did the pavement pretty quietly.....while having a somewhat aggressive
grip for Off Road.
Congratulations
Mike

Back