• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Tacoma owners.

nameless5r

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
How to begin....🤔
So I started writing this whole story about what an expensive mistake we just made with this purchase but decided to erase it and instead I'll talk about the truck. My wife loves her new truck. It's a '21 TRD off road with the premium package. 4x4. We ride dirt bikes but we don't know anything about off roading a truck so I'll be doing a lot of reading here. We just got the truck two days ago and we're already looking at lifting it somewhere in the 2-3" range with maybe some 285 tires. I don't really know which route to go but leaning towards a set of Deaver stage 3 with the fox factory race series 2.5 rear shocks and front coilovers. I just don't know what that would do to my payload since I plan on transporting both dirt bikes with this truck. I've only taken one picture of the truck but I'll post it here.

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_114116.jpg
    IMG_20210530_114116.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 65
Welcome aboard. You really should think about a bike trailer. Hauling two dirt bikes in the bed will destroy it.

Welcome aboard. You really should think about a bike trailer. Hauling two dirt bikes in the bed will destroy it.
Thank you, I might have to consider that since I have the short bed and I'm not sure that they'll fit.

Welcome to the club.
High yield portion of the website would be the member build pages. We all tend to post our mods there, as well as some random shots. You'll get a good idea... but your suspension choices sounds like you have that already.

Welcome to the club.
High yield portion of the website would be the member build pages. We all tend to post our mods there, as well as some random shots. You'll get a good idea... but your suspension choices sounds like you have that already.
I'll make sure to check that out. Thank you.

Back