• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Tacoma Owner TRD_OFF_ROAD

TRD_dee151

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2023 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Celestial Silver
Pick up a brand new Taco 2 months ago with 13 miles 2023 My first Toyota & Tacoma ever I am coming from a 2015 Chrysler 200 4 banger. Ya gas sucks But i can live this its Part of the game. I have done some small lil mods, Tint windows 5% , weather tech window shades, leather seat covers Looks Great, Interior screen protection for no scratch's , Blackchrome exhaust tip, and I need to put on my Black Tacoma letters on my truck bed, Bed Light lit added....

Things to buy still
LUXX-series LED tail lights
Softopper or Bestop witch is better Hard decision here
OTT Tune Dont know crap about it sounds like it would help after doing checking out Youtube vids, Can Dealer detect it? I have 2yrs free Toyota care oil change and tire rotations and etc.

I did not want to get my cloth seats dirty, so I bought these as soon as I Bought my truck...

Attachments

• 20230316_170237.jpg
    20230316_170237.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230316_170257.jpg
    20230316_170257.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 78
Welcome d00d.

It's unlikely anybody at the dealership would think to check for the tune, nor be able to detect the it as it just overwrites hardcoded instructions. They'd have to have someone smart enough to pull the config off the ECU and dissect it. They're not going to do that. But if you did have a problem they'd have to be able to prove it was the cause of any problem which is also unlikely. IMO the truck drives like crap stock, I tuned mine by 1k miles (VF 2.0 and now KDMax) and don't regret it - kept me from trading it in. I looked into OTT but they were dicks to me when I reached out for info on the tune, so they lost my business real quick. Happy with my KDMax tune and they have had phenomenal support so far.

For tonneaus I like the Lomax, but will depend on what you need. I like how low profile it is and how easily that one is to remove.

You are in Oregon? I know the guy to contact about an OTT tune. Nicholas Hershberger, he's based out of Portland. Last I checked he was charging $500. He's done like 99% of the Taco tunes in the PacNW as I understand it. Not worth it on a manual transmission IMHO but all the real life Taco owners I know with automatics swear by it. Best way to get ahold of him is on Facebook or via the PNW Tacoma Club facebook group.

You are in Oregon? I know the guy to contact about an OTT tune. Nicholas Hershberger, he's based out of Portland. Last I checked he was charging $500. He's done like 99% of the Taco tunes in the PacNW as I understand it. Not worth it on a manual transmission IMHO but all the real life Taco owners I know with automatics swear by it. Best way to get ahold of him is on Facebook or via the PNW Tacoma Club facebook group.
There is Paul Peralta & Cemented Racks, they both do the PNW tunes..
Well this truck will be under slow construction 👌

Pick up a brand new Taco 2 months ago with 13 miles 2023 My first Toyota & Tacoma ever I am coming from a 2015 Chrysler 200 4 banger. Ya gas sucks But i can live this its Part of the game. I have done some small lil mods, Tint windows 5% , weather tech window shades, leather seat covers Looks Great, Interior screen protection for no scratch's , Blackchrome exhaust tip, and I need to put on my Black Tacoma letters on my truck bed, Bed Light lit added....

Things to buy still
LUXX-series LED tail lights
Softopper or Bestop witch is better Hard decision here
OTT Tune Dont know crap about it sounds like it would help after doing checking out Youtube vids, Can Dealer detect it? I have 2yrs free Toyota care oil change and tire rotations and etc.

I did not want to get my cloth seats dirty, so I bought these as soon as I Bought my truck...
Buy one and be happy for a long time,..... really longtime.
Source: https://youtu.be/utUPCHMFm8U

There is Paul Peralta & Cemented Racks, they both do the PNW tunes..
Well this truck will be under slow construction 👌
I think Paul and Nicholas work together. I believe I met both of them at the overland rally in Redmond last year. I'm like 75% sure :)

Hello guys just got done washing my truck, how do I remove the hard dark spots? Wen scratching with my fingernail it removes , so it is removable any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20230422_145153.jpg
    20230422_145153.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 72
Put on the Blackout Tacoma letters today, she looks great, got allot of work to be done though

Attachments

• 20230422_162137.jpg
    20230422_162137.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230422_162153.jpg
    20230422_162153.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 83
Hello guys just got done washing my truck, how do I remove the hard dark spots? Wen scratching with my fingernail it removes , so it is removable any suggestions?

Use the NON-SCRATCH sponges (yes the blue side with light/medium pressure) for hard stuff like hard water drop stains on car windows and such.
This bar keepers friend liquid is AWESOME stuff and gentle on paint ect.
It should work on your problem. Use the yellow sponge side first then if needed go to the blue.

I use the powder version and a wet paper towel on glass top stoves to remove burnt stuff on the burners................ amazing and minimal effort.

Don't tell anyone! It's a trade secret...... worth its weight in gold!
The cleaner will not scratch or bleach as it is a liquid non-chlorine type.

bar-keepers-friend-liquid-cleans-stainless-steel-well-mostly-21797107.jpg
R.fb85d892f7f0a9c0774bc60220eb8d02

Use the NON-SCRATCH sponges (yes the blue side with light/medium pressure) for hard stuff like hard water drop stains on car windows and such.
This bar keepers friend liquid is AWESOME stuff and gentle on paint ect.
It should work on your problem. Use the yellow sponge side first then if needed go to the blue.

I use the powder version and a wet paper towel on glass top stoves to remove burnt stuff on the burners................ amazing and minimal effort.

Don't tell anyone! It's a trade secret...... worth its weight in gold!
The cleaner will not scratch or bleach as it is a liquid non-chlorine type.

bar-keepers-friend-liquid-cleans-stainless-steel-well-mostly-21797107.jpg
R.fb85d892f7f0a9c0774bc60220eb8d02
Thanks I will go pick some up today....

Back