• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

new radio

Hello. I am going to buy a multimedia android instead of the original radio. Is this device worthy for this money? Please advice, thanks!
I'm not sure about that one, I've never seen it.

Me personally I went with the Joying headunit. It's been pretty decent. Perfect fit, all wiring included, plug and play. CarPlay is wireless, which is the main reason I picked it up.
014F33F8-7485-4556-A989-3664386EDAB5.jpeg

I'm not sure about that one, I've never seen it.

Me personally I went with the Joying headunit. It's been pretty decent. Perfect fit, all wiring included, plug and play. CarPlay is wireless, which is the main reason I picked it up.
014F33F8-7485-4556-A989-3664386EDAB5.jpeg

Which version did you get? Tacoma harness 1 or 2?

Which version did you get? Tacoma harness 1 or 2?
When I purchased mine, there wasn't multiple options. I'd honestly contact the vendor and see which option to get. Mine came with a harness. I re-used my oem brackets off my stock radio and I think it fits pretty good and flush.

When I purchased mine, there wasn't multiple options. I'd honestly contact the vendor and see which option to get. Mine came with a harness. I re-used my oem brackets off my stock radio and I think it fits pretty good and flush.
I shall do that. Do you still have access to your backup camera and other options the stock radio screen would provide?

I shall do that. Do you still have access to your backup camera and other options the stock radio screen would provide?
Back up cam works as intended, you do lose some functions in the MFD screen on the gauge cluster, but I'm not missing them. I also meant to note, my steering wheel controls still work.

CarTrimHome has one. They have a Facebook Group with a lot of support.
I kept all functions and settings. You could also hunt them down cheap on second hand market. People always sell them in the group.
Mainly people trading in their vehicles.

Back