• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Owner, New Ride

Meerlreem

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Just bought a 2021 Grey Tacoma SR Double Cab Shortbed for 32k with 300 miles on it. This is my dream truck, and I have wanted a Tacoma ever since the 2nd generation came out. It is my everyday vehicle but I cant wait to use it for hunting and camping in the Wisconsin Northwoods. I don't know much about the auto industry. But I'm willing to jump in and learn from youtube to save some money. The first on my list of upgrades is new wheels and tires, and possibly a lift kit. I'm thinking of getting the KO2s but I'm lost on the new wheels. I like the TRD black wheels but I believe they are on backorder and they are a bit expensive. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• thumbnail_17399.jpg
    thumbnail_17399.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 84
Congrats on the Taco! Post up more pics of er when you have a chance!

It's nice to feel welcomed. Does anyone know a range I can sell my wheels and tires for? they are just the stock steel Tacoma ones. I keep finding various different prices. And I'm wondering if it's just better to hold on to them.

32,000???? Holy cow! Dealers in Phoenix are trying to sell used SR5s for 38,000.

Ya, I found it at a small dealership. the guy says he buys damaged cars and fixes them. my truck apparently had back-end damage. but was fixed completely with stock parts and he added a spare tire and weather mats

Welcome. Nice truck.

Check out Wescott for a budget lift.
The demand for your steelies is likely pretty low no matter where you are.

Wheels are a little tricky, if you get ones that stick out, your tires may run at the cab mount and fender edges. Check out icon for some just right specs and some solid designs.

Congrats on your 2021 SR…!
Please check if you have a LSD- limited slip unit? I find this very important when I buy a 4x4. Those trucks that have a electronic / air lockers Better yet!
Study how 4x4 systems work and why LSD / lockers will improve your off roading?

One LSD is better then a open diffs, two LSD is way better( one front ,one rear)…one locker will out perform two LSD, and the ultimate is two electronic/air lockers…I think new ford broncos, Chevy, GMC offers factory (2) lockers…on some of there 4x4’s…
Aloha,

Hey guys whats some good YouTubers to watch for some mods. I've watched Taco Man D, Chloe Kuo, The Unrestricted. I'm more looking for ones that aren't super decked out. trying to mod on a budget lol.

Hey guys whats some good YouTubers to watch for some mods. I've watched Taco Man D, Chloe Kuo, The Unrestricted. I'm more looking for ones that aren't super decked out. trying to mod on a budget lol.
XOverland is by far my favorite YouTube group.

Is there a thread for raised letter accents? I'm wondering what would go well as a secondary color for my taco. I was leaning towards the trd red. but I'm second-guessing myself

Just bought a 2021 Grey Tacoma SR Double Cab Shortbed for 32k with 300 miles on it. This is my dream truck, and I have wanted a Tacoma ever since the 2nd generation came out. It is my everyday vehicle but I cant wait to use it for hunting and camping in the Wisconsin Northwoods. I don't know much about the auto industry. But I'm willing to jump in and learn from youtube to save some money. The first on my list of upgrades is new wheels and tires, and possibly a lift kit. I'm thinking of getting the KO2s but I'm lost on the new wheels. I like the TRD black wheels but I believe they are on backorder and they are a bit expensive. Any recommendations?
Welcome! Solid looking truck man. Great ideas for first upgrades, have you looked into the Falken Wildpeak AT3 tire? They are silent on the road and overall a solid tire, cheaper than the KO2s too! Looking forward to seeing you build!

Check out Jesse Rizzo

Any recommendations on led headlight replacements. Is it better to just replace the whole headlight? cost? are there extra components I need?

After having my truck for about a month and a half I had a 60 ft. pine tree fall on it during a wind storm about a month ago. The body shop almost has it back to normal but the top panel and back window had to be replaced. Talk about Unlucky.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4339.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4339.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 75
  • thumbnail_IMG_4338.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4338.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 71
  • thumbnail_IMG_4332.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4332.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 74
  • thumbnail_IMG_4330.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4330.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 72
  • thumbnail_IMG_4328.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4328.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 67
  • thumbnail_20211216_132934.jpg
    thumbnail_20211216_132934.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 69
  • thumbnail_20211216_132929.jpg
    thumbnail_20211216_132929.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 69
  • thumbnail_102edde7-a33a-4910-85cf-027c603df87a-Damage-0.jpg
    thumbnail_102edde7-a33a-4910-85cf-027c603df87a-Damage-0.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 73
After having my truck for about a month and a half I had a 60 ft. pine tree fall on it during a wind storm about a month ago. The body shop almost has it back to normal but the top panel and back window had to be replaced. Talk about Unlucky.
Get some good firewood out of it?

Any recommendations on led headlight replacements. Is it better to just replace the whole headlight? cost? are there extra components I need?
Although some don't recommend throwing LED's in the halogen projector housing I did it. I just ordered some Sealight ones off eBay for low/fog combo. Eventually I'll spend the cheese on OEM LED housing but those are like $1400.

Here is the same bulb on Amazon I ordered:

Pic for reference with my Sealight LED. I adjusted them down just a touch so I don't get flashed. Light output to me was better than the OEM halogens.
98A5838E-8F6E-4305-A409-EEE4BB9328CC.jpeg

My only complaint is they are kinda loud. The fans once warmed up, emit quite the buzz. Also I was in a dip in the yard, so output looks low. But they definitely project more light than the halogens.

Although some don't recommend throwing LED's in the halogen projector housing I did it. I just ordered some Sealight ones off eBay for low/fog combo. Eventually I'll spend the cheese on OEM LED housing but those are like $1400.

Here is the same bulb on Amazon I ordered:

Pic for reference with my Sealight LED. I adjusted them down just a touch so I don't get flashed. Light output to me was better than the OEM halogens.
98A5838E-8F6E-4305-A409-EEE4BB9328CC.jpeg

My only complaint is they are kinda loud. The fans once warmed up, emit quite the buzz. Also I was in a dip in the yard, so output looks low. But they definitely project more light than the halogens.
Great thanks I might give these a try.

It's nice to feel welcomed. Does anyone know a range I can sell my wheels and tires for? they are just the stock steel Tacoma ones. I keep finding various different prices. And I'm wondering if it's just better to hold on to them.
Keep ‘em for dedicated snows that is if u are in snow country

Has anyone had a problem with their multi-information display next to the speedometer not turning on sometimes? Some days it works and some days it doesn't.

Back