• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Holland Overland - NEW RELEASE BED RACK

New Holland Overland

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.newhollandoverland.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Hey Tacoma3G Family!

My name is Jeremy and I am the owner of New Holland Overland. We are going to be releasing a new bed rack for the 3rd gen Tacoma's this Fall and wanted to reach out to this awesome family of taco owners to get your insights and feedback. We have been using our V1 prototype for over a year now, and we will be developing V2 which will be made available to the market this Fall.

Ive attached some rendered images of where the new concept sits in development. We will be adding more mounting points to the crossmembers and the side accessory panels. This bedrack is designed to be very modular and adaptable to fit what your off-roading/overlanding/work needs may be.

Preliminary Bed Rack Info:
- Top of Bed Rack sits 2" below vehicle roof
- Mounts using factory rail system T-Slot nuts for easy installation
- Fits both short bed and long bed Tacoma's
- Will ship bare steel, powder coating finish not available

Preliminary Bed Rack Options:
- Hybrid Topper (More info coming soon)
- Dynamic weight Reinforcement Arms
- Bike Rack Brackets (Sold in pairs)
- Lighting Package
- Side Flood Lights (x4) - Baja Designs / Rigid Industries
- Marker Lights (x2 Amber, x2 Red)
- Chase Lights (x2) - Baja Designs / KC Hilites Cyclones
- 3rd Brake Light - Baja Designs / Rigid Industries
- Quickfist's (Shovel, Axe, etc.)
- Rotopax Bracket
- Recovery Board Bracket
- Fishing holder Bracket (Utilizing Thule fishing rod mounts)
- Fire Extinguisher Mount
*Product shown has optional accessories

We would love to know your feedback as we are looking to create an awesome best bed-rack system!

Here is the current prototype that we are testing:
s.jpg

We are not afraid to test our products to the max!
IMG-4074.JPG

These are the concept renders...please let us know your feedback! Your feedback helps us create a better product for you the buyer!
untitled.335.jpg
untitled.336.jpg
untitled.337.jpg
untitled.338.jpg

Can it hold a RTT? Didn't see that mentioned

Beautiful rack my friend I'd gladly take a demo to test and use for life ;) ;) ,things I'd like to see that I dont think any one has done maybe a gate at the back that's lockable , as I personally do alot of ferry travel and being able to protect bed content from sticky fingers is a must since majority of these racks if any will not work with tonneau covers . It would be nice to have an option for a swing out or up gate for that added protection , yes it will not fully prevent the issue but it will help for sure as I leave my gear in big containers wont be easy to slip trough some open areas

Beautiful rack my friend I'd gladly take a demo to test and use for life ;) ;) ,things I'd like to see that I don't think any one has done maybe a gate at the back that's lockable , as I personally do a lot of ferry travel and being able to protect bed content from sticky fingers is a must since majority of these racks if any will not work with tonneau covers . It would be nice to have an option for a swing out or up gate for that added protection , yes it will not fully prevent the issue but it will help for sure as I leave my gear in big containers wont be easy to slip trough some open areas

Thanks for the feedback! We do see the need to have more security in the bed for when users just have a bedrack and no tonneau cover...we are in development of what we are calling a "hybrid topper" which is a soft-shell add on interior piece that makes the bedrack "sealed" (see photos below) to help prevent thieves and others from wanting to access your bed cargo...
Bed Rack Render.289.jpg
Bed Rack Render.290.jpg

With the hybrid topper you would have 2 windows so you have clear visibility through the system, with the rear window having zippers on each side for easy access. This system wont be "waterproof" but it will be "water resistant" to help keep your fridges, and precious other systems and cargo dry

How heavy is it and would it be something that would be fairly easily removable if I needed to load up my bed with wood or haul furniture, pretty much anything that would require me some height clearance? Maybe this is not what you intended it for, it's just what runs through my head.

Just a side note, I see that Yakima sticker on the side, I thought it was a Yakima product....

This looks awesome! I especially like the hybrid look, very unique style! Any plans for a mid-height version?

How heavy is it and would it be something that would be fairly easily removable if I needed to load up my bed with wood or haul furniture, pretty much anything that would require me some height clearance? Maybe this is not what you intended it for, it's just what runs through my head.

Just a side note, I see that Yakima sticker on the side, I thought it was a Yakima product....
The weight of our current prototype is 90lb's, not including the accessories you install onto the rack system. We aren't designing the system around being modular for height inside the bed, more-so for the addition of gear and storage solutions for your off-roading/overlanding needs. The way the system will be fastened to the bed is through the rail system with t-slot nuts (4 on each side), so if you undo these nuts and are able to lift the system off with a hoist then it would be a lot easier to remove. We do incorporate a lot of lighting involved into the rack system as well, so there would be a need for a disconnect/plug for your lighting but that is something easy to install. With the system being almost flush to the roof, you do have a significant amount of clearance inside the bed for different pieces of furniture, wood, etc.

Haha,the Yakima sticker is on one of their bike rack systems which we have incorporated into our design.

This looks awesome! I especially like the hybrid look, very unique style! Any plans for a mid-height version?
We are working through the engineering of a mid-height version, in prep for RTT users who want a flush roofline :cool:

Here are some brand new exploratory renderings. Something brand new to the Tacoma bed-rack market will be our side mounted ladder system!
Everything in grey is what a base unit will come as, all the colored items are additional add-ons (Ladder must be paired with "blue"reinforcement tie rods)
untitled.409.jpg
untitled.410.jpg

Hey Tacoma3G Family!

My name is Jeremy and I am the owner of New Holland Overland. We are going to be releasing a new bed rack for the 3rd gen Tacoma's this Fall and wanted to reach out to this awesome family of taco owners to get your insights and feedback. We have been using our V1 prototype for over a year now, and we will be developing V2 which will be made available to the market this Fall.

Ive attached some rendered images of where the new concept sits in development. We will be adding more mounting points to the crossmembers and the side accessory panels. This bedrack is designed to be very modular and adaptable to fit what your off-roading/overlanding/work needs may be.

Preliminary Bed Rack Info:
- Top of Bed Rack sits 2" below vehicle roof
- Mounts using factory rail system T-Slot nuts for easy installation
- Fits both short bed and long bed Tacoma's
- Will ship bare steel, powder coating finish not available

Preliminary Bed Rack Options:
- Hybrid Topper (More info coming soon)
- Dynamic weight Reinforcement Arms
- Bike Rack Brackets (Sold in pairs)
- Lighting Package
- Side Flood Lights (x4) - Baja Designs / Rigid Industries
- Marker Lights (x2 Amber, x2 Red)
- Chase Lights (x2) - Baja Designs / KC Hilites Cyclones
- 3rd Brake Light - Baja Designs / Rigid Industries
- Quickfist's (Shovel, Axe, etc.)
- Rotopax Bracket
- Recovery Board Bracket
- Fishing holder Bracket (Utilizing Thule fishing rod mounts)
- Fire Extinguisher Mount
*Product shown has optional accessories

We would love to know your feedback as we are looking to create an awesome best bed-rack system!

Here is the current prototype that we are testing:
s.jpg

We are not afraid to test our products to the max!
IMG-4074.JPG

These are the concept renders...please let us know your feedback! Your feedback helps us create a better product for you the buyer!
untitled.335.jpg
untitled.336.jpg
untitled.337.jpg
untitled.338.jpg

Love the bike rack integration

Thanks for the feedback! We do see the need to have more security in the bed for when users just have a bedrack and no tonneau cover...we are in development of what we are calling a "hybrid topper" which is a soft-shell add on interior piece that makes the bedrack "sealed" (see photos below) to help prevent thieves and others from wanting to access your bed cargo...
Bed Rack Render.289.jpg
Bed Rack Render.290.jpg

With the hybrid topper you would have 2 windows so you have clear visibility through the system, with the rear window having zippers on each side for easy access. This system wont be "waterproof" but it will be "water resistant" to help keep your fridges, and precious other systems and cargo dry

Diggin this!

We have some new renders with updated CAD and geometry for the bed system!

Steel has been ordered and delivered, waiting on a few more manufactured pieces and we will be ready for the first prototype!!
Bed Rack Magazine Render.440.jpg
Bed Rack Magazine Render.441.jpg

I like it a lot and would be more interested in a mid-height version. However, I don't know if I could do without a tonneau cover for security and weather proof storage.

We have some new renders with updated CAD and geometry for the bed system!

Steel has been ordered and delivered, waiting on a few more manufactured pieces and we will be ready for the first prototype!!
Bed Rack Magazine Render.440.jpg
Bed Rack Magazine Render.441.jpg
Wish you guys were in Canada I'd be one this like a Canadian on maple syrup !! Are you guys planning any future work eith aluminum

I like it a lot and would be more interested in a mid-height version. However, I don't know if I could do without a tonneau cover for security and weather proof storage.

We are coming out with a mid-height version in early 2020! :D luckily with our full-height version we will have our own hybrid topper, so you wont have a need for a tonneau and have more bed storage space with weather protection as well!

Wish you guys were in Canada I'd be one this like a Canadian on maple syrup !! Are you guys planning any future work with aluminum

we LOVE maple syrup! :D At this time we dont have any plans for aluminum...It would be nice for rust and being lightweight but currently we aren't setup for aluminum yet.

I'm a super fan of the fastback style design. I don't run with a tonneau, but would love the soft topper type integration mostly just for dust and lazy mans protection. Color me interested.

Agreed, most of the reason we will run the cover is to keep mud and sand out of the bed ... What color would you like!? ;)

Hey man, design looks fantastic, just a couple questions.

I don't plan on having a RTT, so I was wondering how strong the rack is with just the front-most cross bar installed and the other two off. Think it would hold up to some pretty light offroading with some tools, fuel, and supplies on the sides? Or with the reinforcement rods attached as well?

And since I have a shortbed, do you think (this thing) will work to cover the topper with the tailgate down? May or may not have to snake the ropes under the bars, but it looks like it should fit well enough and provide room for a full length air mattress.

Well, even if the answers are no, I'm sure I can find workarounds for my specific needs. Either way, I'm definitely going to be purchasing one with all the bells and whistles ASAP, I'm literally just waiting to throw money at you for this lol

Hey man, design looks fantastic, just a couple questions.

I don't plan on having a RTT, so I was wondering how strong the rack is with just the front-most cross bar installed and the other two off. Think it would hold up to some pretty light offroading with some tools, fuel, and supplies on the sides? Or with the reinforcement rods attached as well?

And since I have a shortbed, do you think (this thing) will work to cover the topper with the tailgate down? May or may not have to snake the ropes under the bars, but it looks like it should fit well enough and provide room for a full length air mattress.

Well, even if the answers are no, I'm sure I can find workarounds for my specific needs. Either way, I'm definitely going to be purchasing one with all the bells and whistles ASAP, I'm literally just waiting to throw money at you for this lol
Thank you! We are super excited as well to get this new system out and about :)

The rack really is designed to utilize all of the cross-members for strength, I am sure that it will still be plenty strong if you added in the tie-rods in combo with just the front cross-member. Once we get the prototype complete we can do some special testing on this to make sure it can meet the requirements your looking for! If your going to be using the ladder attachment, then it is recommended that you use all the cross-members and the tie-rod braces since that side load is quite significant.

We should have the prototype built in the next 3-4 weeks, we will be releasing all the pricing and product specs near the end of the week!

Its happening! One side of the rack got mounted this morning, I have some last minute details to add to the passenger side and the whole thing will be fully installed tonight. We will develop the ladder system next week!

Attachments

• vsdfgsdfv.jpg
    vsdfgsdfv.jpg
    727.3 KB · Views: 129
Back