• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Guy Here....

Welcome, I found this place under similar circumstances. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and inspiration for whatever you need to do with your truck.

I just recently got one of the same, what color did you get?
I wanted cement, but the only trucks I could find through Costco were white, silver, or Army green...... so I went with white. I plan to spend a lot of time in hot climates, so white should work out fine.

What mods were at the top of your "to-do" list?
My top three started out with a soft top, bed rack and roof rack, but I've since changed my mind on the soft top. I just installed my roof rack (Victory 4x4) and I'm waiting for the bed rack to ship. After that, I'm looking to get a few of the mounting plates for gear. Eventually I'll get a tent for atop the bed rack.

That's really the only functional mods I'm currently planning. There's a few cosmetic things I was thinking of, but that'll just come with overtime. I don't think I'll have to change my suspension any time soon. Saturday I went out and it worked well enough for what I plan on doing with it, which is taking bumpy dirt and gravel roads out to camp. I don't plan on going out and doing all that fancy flexing you see some of these beasts doing.

My top three started out with a soft top, bed rack and roof rack, but I've since changed my mind on the soft top. I just installed my roof rack (Victory 4x4) and I'm waiting for the bed rack to ship. After that, I'm looking to get a few of the mounting plates for gear. Eventually I'll get a tent for atop the bed rack.

That's really the only functional mods I'm currently planning. There's a few cosmetic things I was thinking of, but that'll just come with overtime. I don't think I'll have to change my suspension any time soon. Saturday I went out and it worked well enough for what I plan on doing with it, which is taking bumpy dirt and gravel roads out to camp. I don't plan on going out and doing all that fancy flexing you see some of these beasts doing.
I think we're on the same page! I bought this as a retirement vehicle to travel around and hit camp sites and trail heads. I've bought a folding hard-top tonneau and have been looking at roof racks for additional storage on long trips (and maybe an awning?) I'm undecided between the Victory, UpTop, and the made in Boulder (whose name escapes me at the moment). How are you liking the Victory?

I think we're on the same page! I bought this as a retirement vehicle to travel around and hit camp sites and trail heads. I've bought a folding hard-top tonneau and have been looking at roof racks for additional storage on long trips (and maybe an awning?) I'm undecided between the Victory, UpTop, and the made in Boulder (whose name escapes me at the moment). How are you liking the Victory?
I like it a lot. I haven’t put anything up too yet, but I’ve only had it on a few days.

Sherpa equipment makes a nice solid rack as well. It’s the one I’ve been eye balling

Sherpa equipment makes a nice solid rack as well. It’s the one I’ve been eye balling
Yeah, that's the other one (I couldn't remember the name) I was looking at, as well. I thought they were in Boulder but it looks like they're in Loveland, CO.

I do like to support small business, especially here in Colorado. I haven't even got the truck yet, and I'm already spending a bunch! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Welcome to T3G, from ANOTHER SW MO member! CS is beautiful! Wife and I went there a few years ago!
Thanks! We chose to retire here after the Army because it was such a beautiful area, but after being here for 16 years, we're looking for some baja weather!

Thanks! We chose to retire here after the Army because it was such a beautiful area, but after being here for 16 years, we're looking for some baja weather!
What did you do for our great Army? I worked on Apaches, and work for the National Guard as a civilian now.

What did you do for our great Army? I worked on Apaches, and work for the National Guard as a civilian now.
I was an MI warrant and linguist. Now I also work for the Army as a DA civilian - can't beat a double retirement!

Where have you been stationed? I remember Apaches being just about everywhere I was!

I was an MI warrant and linguist. Now I also work for the Army as a DA civilian - can't beat a double retirement!

Where have you been stationed? I remember Apaches being just about everywhere I was!
I was actually in the Guard, but my unit was out of Whiteman AFB. They are now a Blackhawk unit

Cool! Isn't that where the B-2 fly out of? I didn't know they had Long Bows there. :cool:
I can neither confirm, nor deny that. But yeah we had Alpha models and Cobra's when I joined in '03. Those Alphas got phased out for Deltas. Then I got medically discharged in '12.

Back