• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New Guy Here, We'll see if there is ever a real build thread though! : )B

Hercanstein

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2020 Sport AC Manual
Magnetic Gray
Hi folks!

New to this forum, but not to Toyota trucks. Had an '81 shortbed bought in 2003 and regret selling off to this day. Have a '99 SR5 Xtra cab 5 speed bought in 2007 still running strong on that lil' 2.7 liter 4-banger. Recently (last year) got my first new truck, a 2020 Sport access cab MT.

I am of the "shove the biggest tires you can fit under her without lifting it" mentality, so the '99 is on 31" BFG KO's and rubs a tiny bit at full lock, and the '20 will prolly get a nice set of All-Terrain tires up a size to 265/70/17 and see how that size works out after the stickers wear out (which I can't hardly stand waiting for, "Road Trip" is a common suggestion when the wife inquires about what I would like to do ; )B )

Anyhow I love to get out and explore this beautiful land and will share pics of the places I go from time to time. I take the Tacomas out in the hills around here for exploring and seeing the sights, but the real hardcore off roading is done on my Yamaha Kodiak 700. That thing is a BEAST! It is surprising how far these Tacomas will go off road in stock form though! Even with the silly street tires that came on the sport, she has taken me everywhere I have asked her to go!

I look forward to chatting with the folks on this forum and maybe meeting up with some of you all sometime.

Happy Trails!

: )B
20210411_111423.jpg

Back