• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference New 4wheel parts bumpers front and rear!

yota_trooper@2019

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Ok so here goes nothing,

I made a decision to buy the new 4 wheel parts bumpers. I did so in stages mainly because I wanted to see the quality of the parts before buying the full bumpers. Once I held the front bumper wings I knew these parts were good quality. After working through the issues I have come to like them a lot. As with any new part that has limited support ie: write ups, Pics, Youtube etc. Would I recommend them?? Yeah I would. Why? quality, pricing, availability, shipping cost to the EAST COAST, design "personal preference"

I was on the fence about other vendors but the only bumpers "I LIKED" are fabricated on the WEST COAST which drove the shipping cost up... And getting issues fixed would become a nightmare like I have seen others go through.

Issues I had:
Rear:
- Cover plates that go over the rear light bar cut outs have been pulled from the production items. Which means you will not get these
- overland table spring loaded pin was faulty

Front:
instructions could be a little better. I installed shims when they were not needed. Which goes back to the instructions.

I HOPE THIS POST HELPS SOMEONE!!!
thumbnail_IMG_8966.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8919.jpg

What lights did you get for the rear? I'm waiting for my bumper and wanted to grab the lights before it showed up.
I've been trying to figure out the dimensions. I know they say 6", but need to know how it mounts. Space between the mounts and stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What lights did you get for the rear? I'm waiting for my bumper and wanted to grab the lights before it showed up.
I've been trying to figure out the dimensions. I know they say 6", but need to know how it mounts. Space between the mounts and stuff

Both front and rear bumper are designed around pro comp lights. I was able to find the same light branded by pro comp lights on amazon. I bought on pair first and then bought the 2nd pair. The ones I am running are branded as 4wd-king. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Both front and rear bumper are designed around pro comp lights. I was able to find the same light branded by pro comp lights on amazon. I bought on pair first and then bought the 2nd pair. The ones I am running are branded as 4wd-king. I hope this helps.
What's that?

1647135087204.png

Also, how did you fit your hands in there to tighten the rear lights?

Upvote 0
I had to install the light into the bumper first then install the bumper onto the truck.
It's on my living room floor and I can't fit my hand in. Was bad enough getting it on the mounting bolts. Even took a couple allen keys to the grinder. I need to use a torque driver to tighten it. OCD NEED TO.

Upvote 0
Ok so here goes nothing,

I made a decision to buy the new 4 wheel parts bumpers. I did so in stages mainly because I wanted to see the quality of the parts before buying the full bumpers. Once I held the front bumper wings I knew these parts were good quality. After working through the issues I have come to like them a lot. As with any new part that has limited support ie: write ups, Pics, Youtube etc. Would I recommend them?? Yeah I would. Why? quality, pricing, availability, shipping cost to the EAST COAST, design "personal preference"

I was on the fence about other vendors but the only bumpers "I LIKED" are fabricated on the WEST COAST which drove the shipping cost up... And getting issues fixed would become a nightmare like I have seen others go through.

Issues I had:
Rear:
- Cover plates that go over the rear light bar cut outs have been pulled from the production items. Which means you will not get these
- overland table spring loaded pin was faulty

Front:
instructions could be a little better. I installed shims when they were not needed. Which goes back to the instructions.

I HOPE THIS POST HELPS SOMEONE!!!

thumbnail_IMG_8966.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8919.jpg
I think it looks sick man! Good choice.

Upvote 0
Back