• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New 2018 taco owner

Ryanf0000

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
New to the Tacoma just a couple maybe a little more than a couple questions/concerns. First off I found a 2018 with high mileage on it a little bit for than I wanted 92,xxx. Checked out the truck it had some dings nothing too much nothing I had a problem with honestly. Looked under it no rust, looked under the hood it’s basically still brand new, all the buttons still work. Printed off a CARFAX on it and nothing concerning other than the second owner having it for 11 months. Any problems I might encounter with such a short time and that high of mileage? Second, I went from a 2010 4x2 FJ to a 2018 Tacoma is it me or does the Tacoma not have as much of a throttle response as the FJ.?

Welcome! 92K miles on a 2018?....it didn't sit in the garage! LOL Frame is good without rust.....Carfax is good....depends on the price they're asking. With regards to the throttle response between the FJ and the Tacoma the FJ has a 4.0L I believe while the Taco has the 3.5L. FJ has a 5-speed and the Taco has the 6-speed. The FJ is gonna out-do the Taco when it comes to throttle response. The Taco is a great vehicle and wasn't made for speed. What it was made for it does great! Good luck with your decision!

Welcome. One of many decisions to come if you pull the trigger. What are you going to use it for? Daily driver, or weekend warrior?

Definitely daily driver. I’m stationed in Washington state and I wana be able to do anything honestly. Ik it snows here and I wana go to all the parks/mountains. Mods, nothing to crazy probably just sum wheels and bigger tires maybe a front bumper

Welcome. One of many decisions to come if you pull the trigger. What are you going to use it for? Daily driver, or weekend warrior?
Definitely daily driver. I’m stationed in Washington state and I wana be able to do anything honestly. Ik it snows here and I wana go to all the parks/mountains. Mods, nothing to crazy probably just sum wheels and bigger tires maybe a front bumper

Welcome. I've had my '18 for several months now and love it.

Back