• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Detailing Need some wheel help!

hawsa

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Cement
Hey guys! Been going ham on the truck recently. Lots of changes.

I was able to get a set of 5 SCS F5s last night for $900 which I feel pretty good about. However, one of the wheels got shit on by the shop that removed the tires prior to sale. I figured it's fixable, but I'm curious 1. how would you go about fixing it? A bit of light filler and some paint? 2. If with paint... is anyone aware of a paint that matches SCS's gunmetal color.

I know a few of you really know your stuff with paint and cosmetics. @nickyreno maybe some thoughts?

Thanks guys!

IMG_9712.JPG
IMG_9710.JPG
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 5.46.09 PM.jpg

Yeah that’s fixable for sure. But I’d be having that shop replace the wheel. That’s absurd.

Aside from having all 4 wheels cerakoted, it’s going to be next to impossible to match it exactly to the other wheels. Maybe reach out to SCS and see if they can offer a color code or repair services.

Hey guys! Been going ham on the truck recently. Lots of changes.

I was able to get a set of 5 SCS F5s last night for $900 which I feel pretty good about. However, one of the wheels got shit on by the shop that removed the tires prior to sale. I figured it's fixable, but I'm curious 1. how would you go about fixing it? A bit of light filler and some paint? 2. If with paint... is anyone aware of a paint that matches SCS's gunmetal color.

I know a few of you really know your stuff with paint and cosmetics. @nickyreno maybe some thoughts?

Thanks guys!

IMG_9712.JPG
IMG_9710.JPG
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 5.46.09 PM.jpg
Use the busted one for the spare.

Use the busted one for the spare.
Yeah that’s fixable for sure. But I’d be having that shop replace the wheel. That’s absurd.

Aside from having all 4 wheels cerakoted, it’s going to be next to impossible to match it exactly to the other wheels. Maybe reach out to SCS and see if they can offer a color code or repair services.
Yeah if it was mine at the time or even if I knew what shop did it I would be all over them. As it sits not much I can do other than fix it. SCS did send me an off the shelf Rust-Oleum paint that supposedly should match fairly well.

I was thinking about using it as the spare but that's going to be the most visible wheel probably as it's going to sit on a swingout never spinning haha

Back