• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Need info.

IDAHO1811

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
I'm buying my next Tacoma. I have an 2018 double cab with 2466 miles. I am buying a 2021 double cab . I have been confused with the sales folks telling me the room in the 2018 rear is more than in the 2021. I have had a Crew Max....& there was great room for passengers in the back.
Is there any difference in the rear seating area of these two double cabs.?

I believe all 3rd gen Double cabs are the same.

The sales guy was not very informed.
I have at this time a 2018 Tacoma that I use to get to our farm at Nezperce Idaho. I have the rear covered with a LEER topper. I am looking at the Tacoma Trail . I want a double cab. Here in southern Idaho there seems to be a shortage of most Toyota 4x4.
Is there any difference between The Trail and the V6?
I'm not sure of the difference between the standard 4x4 and the "on demand" .
Thanks
Mike

Sounds like you need to never talk to that salesperson again. If it's 4x4, it's equipped with the "on demand" dial.
What kind of Tacoma do you have now? Is it an Access Cab? What don't you like about yours?

The Trail Edition just comes with the Heritage Grill with Bronze letters, the bronze wheels, 1"/.5" lift and some bed containers. Don't think it comes with much else. Depending on what you have now that salesperson might be bamboozling you on the Trail. Unless you just really want one for some reason.

I'd take a real long, hard look at why you want to upgrade. You've got a low mileage 2018, not much difference (if any) in the 2021's except exorbitant prices in our current market. The only major upgrade of any consequence is the transmission tuning, which the dealer can reprogram or "flash" for you at the service dept.

And there is no difference in seating. I've had a 2016 and now a 2020, identical rear seats.

Back